SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a few pics of a circuit that's recently been destroyed. As you can imagine, i'm broken hearted. But at least i've got the pics and lots of great memories.

And there are loads of pics!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Martin, i'm pleased somebody has recognised what they were! It's a terrible shame mate, I was literally in tears when I took it apart. I still have the track, but all the timber was burned. Four years work down the pan.

·
Ian
99 Posts
Graham,
I had just seen one of your pictures in another thread which prompted me optimistically to look for more, only to find this thread
As Rene says a very sad day. I hope things turn round, and you get the opportunity to build it again, but of course it'll be even better second time round

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You bet your life it will be! I'll sort some more pics out and stick them on here. I have hundreds! I also have a video on Veoh called "slickracer". Its cool with some great shots of a Cortina rolling in slow motion. I'll see if I can find the link. Graham.

·
David J
3,182 Posts
An absolute tragedy, terrible that your business has gone bang, I really hope things turn around for you soon.
As for the track, it looked wonderful and it's a real shame that all of your hard work on it has been in vain.
Fingers crossed that one day you will be able to rebuild it elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Thanks DJ. The business just hit a brick wall mate. There was nothing I could do to save it. The economic pressures going on at the moment are due to one simple fact. We're all being conned by the bankers. I knew as soon as the troubles started that there was a posiblity that i was going to lose the circuit. The stuff we had worked on to make something different, such as virtual fuel tanks, a sound system that followed the cars round the track. Smoke generators to simulate fog and mist and a lighting system you would die for. All around the room I had Led's at 3 inch spacings on the floor all facing upwards, Red, blue red, blue. We could re-create a sunrise or sunset, it was just mind blowing! Here's just a sample of what it looked like.

And it's all gone!

·
Dave Capelen
2,801 Posts
Hi Graham

What a superbly scenic track and great special effects...! That lighting and the mist effect were ingenious.

I hope you'll be able to start a new track build in the not too distant future.

Life is tough in the business world generally and it's a battle to keep costs down, still keep business coming in and the cashflow turning over, especially with customers looking for lower prices too. Profit margins are being squeezed: and can you borrow money now at low rates from the banks if you need it? Only with great difficulty. I am really sorry to hear your company was a victim of the recession, there are not many companies that are unaffected.

Good to see you are producing a masterpiece of a DB4 in the meantime, though!

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
503 Posts
So sorry to hear of your loss. Im sure im echoing everybody else's feelings, regarding your situation. If your ever near london, you are welcome to come an race at our club!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks fellas. I did actually try and move it. There was a possibilty that it was going to be rebuilt inside a karting circuit in Birmingham. The owner thougt it was a terrific idea. And guess what killed it? Health and sodding safety! I think all these do gooders won't be happy untill everything is wrapped in foam rubber and painted dayglow green. It's kiling everything. All I wish for is for somebody to let me off the leash and allow me to show just what can be done. RIP Petite Bromley. Graham.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.