SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's a weird request, but let's try...

Can somebody help with a photo of the Ferrari 512S #16, entered at Le Mans 1970 by "Scuderia Picchio Rosso" and driven by Manfredini-Moretti?

Why am I asking?
Well, with the last release by Fly of the 512S Codalunga #6 I have now all the 8 long tails entered at Le Mans '70, why not try to complete the fleet of 512s with the missing 3 short tail cars?

I've found a photo of cars # 9 (Scuderia Montjuich) and 10 (Gelo Racing) at http://www.imca-slotracing.com/AS70LM.htm
and realized it'd be trivial to modifie Fly C-2 and C-23: you only need to change the numbers and maybe add side mirrors and some decals, but I have no idea about the livery of the Scuderia Picchio Rosso...

Thanks
Otello

·
Jan Groosmuller
834 Posts
This one?

sorry, best I could find so far...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Race-Yan!

This makes the job very easy: it looks as it is just another Filipinetti car...

OK, now I only need a 312P Coupe boby, to make the 12th Ferrari: # 57 by Team NART...
Suggestions?

Ciao
Otello

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Hi Otello- I don't know who made that resin version, but you can get a decent vacform from Betta. At least the windscreen fits.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Hi Ortello

I believe that the resin body shown on the Racebaan site is made by Dapretto -- made in Italy!

I have this very nice version, made by John Jude:-

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Russell,

yes, Dapretto is italian but I never was able to even see one of his models if not on the internet: none of the model shops I know have Dapretto models available.
I also sent an email to Mr. Dapretto but I got no reply...
(Better for my balance, anyway, as they are so expensive!
)

Well, aren't you bored with your model by John Jude? It's not good enough for you, you'd better send it to me! (Fast shipping, please.)

Seriously (?), according to Mark Gussin web site, existed a nice body by Aurora, but I never got it on eBay.
Nostalgia Raceways in Australia has a fibreglass copy of the Aurora body; does somedoby have previous experience with Nostalgia? Are they good, or it's another aussie blob?

Ciao
Otello

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi

I got my resin 312 coupe from Mark Guessin. He was doing them once!

Nostalgia is done by John Bacon. Bacon was a ecra racer in the 60s in england before he emigrated to OZ. Some of his bodies are copies of things, Chuck Lawerence of Seattle supplied some of them. I have supplied some of the masters and John has done some of his own. AND, some like the old aurora McLaren and Ferrari Can Am are back pours. I like them Use them.
The bad news is that John never intended his hobby to be a business, and demand for his bodies has produced a real backlog of months standing. Used to be you just sent John money, but these days he prefers you go through Mundurang Hobbies. Unfortunately, in recent weeks, Mundurang has gone silent. So, I don't know what is going on.

Fate

·
Registered
160 Posts
I placed an order for some Nostalgia bodies at the start of last September and I'm still waiting for them.....

Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts