SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Some of you may know Nick de Wachter, Netherlands, who along with Fola Osu of Germany make superb, wondrous slot car bodies
from laminated carbon fibre, glass fibre and resin, modeling the latest 1:1 LMP and FIA GT and other historic, famous cars.
Their level of the technical skills and artistry is truly amazing.

One example is Nick's rendering of the 2009 Aston Martin LMP-1 car. When I first read last year of ACO's
new regulations that LMP cars would have to carry a dorsal fin, I determined that I would have to have/make a 2011 LMP
coupe with the fin. I slightly modified his body to a more or less 2011 Lola B09/60 carrying a fictitious car-owner/sponsor.
It's mounted on a Scholer chassis modified for local racing specs including 3" axles, Pro Track tires.

By the way from my decal supply I used as driver decals one that included Boris Said. Hence the "Said Heads" out in number
celebrating their guy's driving.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mine's a magic world filled with make believe and fun. I built a model, accurate in concept- "there could have been....." And probably the first 1/24th 2011 LMP cars. Am not a collector gathering exquisite, precisely accurate shelf queen 1/32 models. Rather, I build cars, that are raced most every week, since 1964.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts