Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The great race is off in a few hours, the Group C Legends race is starting shortly. Just watched warm up, very wet, fastest cars 40 seconds off pole time.
Who are you supporting?
Me, Aston Martin 97 & 99, the Delta Wing, the Strakka, and the Brundle's and Ordonez in the 42 car

·
David J
3,182 Posts
Watching the coverage on Eurosport and thinking I'm happy I'm not camping there this year...

Legends looking good.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Seens to be a good coverage at Eurosport, I will have a look at the Danish TV2 ;-)
Was planing to travel down there, Iám getting to old for camping?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Getting excited now!!!! Do the Group C's look a bit bland after the current cars or just me? Strange as they always look so beatiful in isolation.

That rain looks no more fun than the heat you can't hide from when the weather is good, always worth the trip though.

I'm hoping to see....A Toyota finish, ideally strong enough keep the Audi's honest, a good run for the Delta Wing, good run for the Rebellion/Lola/Lotus thing and a Lola to win LMP 2 in case they don't get to come back.

Oh yeah and a Gulf liveried V12 Aston Martin??? Yes please

·
Registered
730 Posts
How are you guys watching? I'm Eurosport pictures, Commentary from Radio Le Mans.com and I think this timing feed is better than the ACO's one.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
At home this year - Eurosport is on the telly. Thinking of a trip perhaps next year. Speaking to a few friends - perhaps time for a get-together.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Antony Davison has just had a hughe off, caused by contact with a slower car. He's OK.

Shame as the Toyotas were both going very well and now they're down to one.

Come on Toyota win it at your first race with a new car!!

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
After watching the race just wondering if Slot.it will release new "dirt effect" cars?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Well that was fun wasn't it! Poor Ant at least is well enough to be tweeting from his bed.

Audi still loooked like they were pushing, or they need to look at the driver roster, just me or is Mcnish becoming a liability? Perhaps the Audi is just a pig to drive, looks a pretty blunt instrument next to the Toyota.

Very impresssed with Starworks, perfect game plan, stay within a lap or two for first six hours then turn the screw overnight as it goes wrong for your rivals and kit looked after so able to lap within a second of your best most of Sunday. Great stuff.

·
Jon Grainger
3,825 Posts
Cracking race, well worth staying up for, the odd dull moment, but on the whole exciting all the way. Such a pity the McNish #2 car had the incident at Porsche Curves, else Im sure they would have been on for the win. Great stuff from Toyota, side by side racing after five hours was truly enthralling.

We had our Norwich Summer Saloons & Group C Race meeting on the same day as the start, and at 2pm we all watched the start of the race, and then went and recreated it with the Group C's.

·
Circuit Owner
5,889 Posts
Shame about the Delta Wing - I was hoping to see more of it.

Shockingly bad driving to punt it off the track - it clearly moved aside to let the faster cars through but it would appear an ex-F1 driver who had a reputation for poor driving in that sport is determined to sustain that reputation into his endurance racing.

·
David J
3,182 Posts
The more I watch the Deltawing crash the worse it looks. I'm sure it wasn't, but it really looks like it was done deliberately. There is a clear swerve to the right and the Nissan just gets punted off. Shame really.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Yes the Delta Wing spent very little time on screen, shame. If the shunt was intentional, not a great plan as it damaged the floor of the Toyota and ended it's challenge.

A clubmate of mine sent me an amusing quote from Marino Franchitti (brother of Dario cousin of P Di Resta) saying Kazuki Nakajima(son of Satoru) had brought his lack of spacial awareness with him from F1.

The obvious reposte were I Nakajima San? "well at least i'm the second best racing driver in my family mate"

·
Registered
82 Posts
I got back last night from the race - fantastic as always! Found a great private campsite so the weather was no problem and the race was excellent - especially the first six hours when Toyota really took the race to the all-conquering Audi's. The Radio Le Mans team were really impressed with the design of the Toyota but rightly pointed out that Peugeot also started their assault with a car that was too delicate - the Audi's for example have single piece floors, so much quicker to replace than the complex two piece of the Toyota.

Team of the race for me though was the Rebellion Toyota's. Car 12 was faultless throughout the weekend and 13 was running with them until they had some sort of problem on Sunday which dropped them down the order. Certainly the best showing for a petrol car since the Diesels turned up.

Deltawing was even better in the flesh than in the pictures. It didn't look any longer than the others on track and I quickly got used to it's appearance - to the extent that it didn't look odd. I genuinely wouldn't mind if there were more cars racing of that type. They had some gearbox issues early on so were quite slow, but were really getting going when Nakajima demonstrated he isn't suitable for endurance racing.

However, highlight of the weekend was standing outside Porsche Curves in the rain on Saturday morning drinking tea and eating cake while a a Group C Lancia spat flames through the spray in it's efforts to catch the dominant Sauber Mercedes. Some wonderful in-car commentary from Derek Bell in a longtail 962 was the icing on top.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts