SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Andy Players Team 'Equipe Anglais', made up of mostly EAHORC regulars has been accepted for this prestigeous event.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
I somehow think that Nick knows where the members of 'Equipe Anglais' are being made up from

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
It's Derby HO Racing Clubs 24 hour race, have a look at the DHORC website, there's a picture of me on there (but don't let that put you off)

Basically, it's a 24 Hour race for 8 teams using cars with Tomy Turbo chassis (that are supplied by the organisers as a box of bits), teams supply their own body of approx. 1/64 scale. The track has the same shape as the Le Mans track, but altough it's huge, isn't to scale, and is an 8 lane routed surface (I think it's some sort of plastic).

Strangely enough it has no problems getting 8 teams and doesn't cost £200 to enter.

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
That`s a great idea having to build up your cars from a box of bits!
I can see that idea being implemented at NERCS!!
We`ve got an expensive re-build going on at NERCS currently, but I`m seriously thinking about getting in some HO stuff in 2012 for the club.
Cheers,
Kev.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
It definitely makes it interesting having to build a car from a box of bits in a limited time (not that I had to do it, I just drove and marshalled, lots) but it does favour the experienced teams, you wouldn't believe the difference between the winning car and ours, there's looked so much smoother, but it was built from a box with the same parts as our box, and the boxes were allocated randomly.

It was touch and go whether I'd have to go to South Shields today for work, but the piece of equipment sorted itself out just as I was getting ready to head off.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I think you're given around 2 hours to build and test the car, that bit was all a bit of a haze for me as I was desperately trying to learn the track and the car (you are allowed to practice with a car of your own whilst the race car is being built - I should have gone up on the Friday and practiced)

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
The plastic used for the track is called Sintra. The track was constructed over 2 or 3 years by the aknowledged god of such things, and a good mate of mine, Mr Brad Bowman of California. If I recall what he told me correctly the track is something like 130th scale in terms of footprint. It is a wonderful surface and every slot racer regardless of scale should experience it. Amazingly, though it looks the nuts, it is topped by an even better Bowman track, the KSR (currently in Brad's workshop):

http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk...878640&ap=1

kev, if you want to get serious about some HO stuff next year we should have a chat. You have been a solid supporter of EAHORC for some while now, and it would be good to get something going up there. If I recall another of your guys is 'into' HO as well, so that is a good start...

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Impressive stuff Dean.
Yeah, I like what`s happening in the HO scene, & I thought your track was the best at Gaydon.
One of the lads brought a bog standard Scaley MR1 set into NERCS the other week, & people couldn`t get enough of those little cars whizzing round the track.
It would never be the main format at NERCS, but would make an interesting series in it`s own right!
Cheers,
Kev.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
There is a wide range of speeds you can try with HO. To the detractors, I guess all would be 'too fast', but you can go as slow as 100 IPS if you use cheap-as-chips Autoworld cars, up to the 330 IPS cars that wowed those whatching at Gaydon, and beyond.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Having visited DHORC on Tuesday (and remebered how easy I find it to crash when I've got no brakes) I have paid my entry fee and will be attempting not to crash at all of the corners for Team Allsorts. I did not race at last years event, so I'm really looking forwards to this years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts