SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are going to run a class that needs le man's bodies problem is I'm not sure what bodies are available apart from the new Peugeot and Audi does anyone have a list or a link that will give me some ideas.

Cheers
Wayne

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
I think you need to have an approved body list, or else you will end up in the same boat as the 24hr used to, glorified road cars doing the winning.

There is such a list for next month's six hour if you want to take a look at that.

Bear in mind the new AFX LMP1s only fit the MG17.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont at the moment this is how Julian set out the rules

Any mass produced chassis intended for home use (no Wizzard, BSRT, Slottech etc). No restriction on modifications but car must be under 36mm wide.
Body must be a car that competed in the Le Mans 24 Hour race.

So I'm yet to decide what to run.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I've got a box full of Marchon Porsche 935s and a load of Group C Tomy Turbos, these were in my mind when I wrote the body rule (the Marchon 935 is 36mm wide, I had to file down the wheel arches on the one I raced at EAHORC), I also wanted to have cars of a similar body type racing together without being too restrictive.

We've got a saloon type of class with our NASCAR/Trans AM class for any car that competed in NASCAR or Trans Am, this is for stock toy type chassis.

And an F1 class for open wheel cars, this could prove to be mayhem as I haven't specified changes to the Mega G body.

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
If you've got the chance to start off with F1 Mega-Gs that are set up to pass on tight corners - take it

At $2 each, fitting the Wizzard Storm front axle and trimming the front wings is not too much of a hassle or expense. At it means everyone is legal when EAHORC comes to town.

With more and more Mega-Gs on the WHO F1 grid, we are encouraging our racers to make the modifications and using a minimum of 6s and 9s in the F1 track layouts. We also have the front ends in the club shop and the offer to install them is there.

From next season, I suspect we'll be tightening the rules a bit, which will allow us to tighten the corners

The Le Mans bodies sound cool.

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
I guess you will have the choice to have a few stand-alone races in the autumn and then maybe start a championship season in the new year?

Like I said in the other thread, that means you could do something like what we did with our mod class last year - present a number of chassis or classes with everyone racing the club cars, seeing what people like and what holds up to the action. And no commitment to buy anything straight away.

It also lets you see who you've got through the door, which might influence what you run.

Then you've got time and the feedback from racers to tweak and evolve the classes and rules in time for the season proper.

What I find is that, from the first race of the year, I'm thinking about changes to be made for the next season. It's just a good idea - unless there are exceptional circumstances - not to tweak rules during a season. Although sometimes it does have to be done

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Having watched Mega-Gs racing side-by-side a fair bit now, I am firmly of the opinion that there are only two scenarios in play. With the wings cut, all is well, but without as soon as the numbers of Megas in the field creep up you will start getting big crashes. The third scenario, that people will back off, is one I have never really given any credence.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts