SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Fantastic! I didn't go this year - took my boys to a Japanese Modified Car meeting in stead - so really appreciate seeing some nice shots of the cars.

Let's hope Carrera and Hornby are looking for ideas about new models and liveries. I note none of the Aston Martins were running chrome custom wheels as Carrera have supplied in the new DB5 historic racer.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
This is a simply beautiful link. I'm afraid my french is poor (not having done it for 30 years) but I love it!! Thank you for sitting such beauty up for us to watch.

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
Great pictures, thank you for sharing with us.

I must try to get to the next one, but could I give up the annual trip to the 24 Hr. race?..................................

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Yeah, BJ, you should. You'll see more beautiful cars AND get closer to them at the Classic event than you ever would at the regular do. How many Audis can you put up with at one go? There's nothing like the sight of a 250 SWB with the hammer down, pursued by a bunch of Masers, Loti, and a Greenwood Corvette or two. When Bob Bondurant lashed his Daytona Cobra Coupe under the Dunlop Bridge on three wheels I thought I'd died and gone to petrolhead heaven.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
By the way, I saw the most beautiful car I have EVER seen at the Le Mans Classic- a Maserati 450s Costin-Zagato. Mind-blowing. A fabulous concours entry, immaculate black paint work and gorgeous tan hide interior. Anyone know anything more about it? I can't imagine it was ever raced, but what a project for a slot car! I wish I had some photos...
It also means that the Xylon connection moves on to another time and place. Weird! Beauty and the beast?

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
Oh...so tempted, all I have to do is persuade the other "regulars" that they really would prefer the Classic.

Any more pics, especially Lola T70's and Ferrari 512/M or S?.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
The Lolas looked wonderful BJ- and the Donohue Sunoco 512 too, although it was off the pace. All I had for photos was a little disposable- I don't think the night shots are going to come out. But if anything does, I'll put them up.
Great stuff!

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Thanks, Charles-Henry! Just what I wanted. That is such a sexy car. And it DID race! Well well well... I wonder if there's a bodyshell available anywhere?
I hope you enjoyed the LeMans Classic as much as I did.
Cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
I have a patto's vac form of this car in my to be finished box. I'll dig it out a post a picture if I can find it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts