SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did some more work to the main scoring tower (added the stairs/winners podium complex & flags to the main grandstands roof) & started on the pits. I added the overhead gantry, some fuel hoses & sponsors logos to the concrete. The pits still have a long way to go, I'd say they're about 25% done.

Questions/comments welcome.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wow, that is amazing detail. Roughly how many hours has it taken to get that far?

Great job, very impressive work.

John

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all of the nice comments!

How long did it take? I've been working on this layout off and on for maybe three years.

Cost for the grandstand materials? Not too much, maybe $75 or so. Mainly it was time. The weird thing is, when you really get down to it & want to find good, clear photographs or plans of the facilities at Le Mans they're hard to find. 95% of the photos are of the cars, with maybe a bit of the pits or grandstands in the background. I used that to my advantage though, because if I can't find good photographs neither can anyone else (to tell me I did it wrong). In reality the grandstands/pits are not really that acurate, but they're close enough for the time/resources I have to devote to the layout.

The figures are 1/87 figures I bougt off ebay. About $25 for 300 prepainted (from China). Again, they're not too good if you look real close but I think they're at least OK.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I added a ferris wheel to the carnival area. Still a lot of work to do on it. I need to add food vendors, spectators, a few games and maybe one small ride.

On my still to do list is a facia for the bottom of the layout, catch fencing, the "Le Mans 24" Rolex clock, adding a few transporters + a few other minor details.

On a side note I decided have to offer this layout for sale after it is completed so I can start a larger project. It breaks down into three sections for transport. If you have any interest PM me.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Fantastic track! Love the work so far. The stands are amazing!

·
slotfreak
320 Posts
Looks real good ,if you only mentioned the need for refrance pictures before.I can zoom in and take pics of it from most angles in forza 3. PM if you need any

·
Registered
32 Posts
Same here, if you want to know any details let me know. I have attended Le Mans for years and I have 100's of photo's.

C

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys! I could use a few pics of the pits so I can detail them better that would be cool. When I do my second version of this circuit I'll build new grandstands & will need reference photos then. Please PM me for my email address. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts