SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
I have to say that all resin cars that I have bought till today, 2 to be exact, have been disappointing. They run quite badly out of the box (and I was not expecting much), any mod to make them run well would be too dramatic and I did not have the courage to do them.

On the other hand, I have read that some resin cars are okay. If this car was okay I would try it.

How does it run?

How is the chassis?

How heavy is the body without the chassis?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the replies. I like the look of the Panhard street cars a lot but if I can not make it run in a way similar to the other cars due to too much weight in wrong places on the body, I think I will pass. This would be resolved if I could see the car in person but this is impossible or pictures of the inside of the body.

·
Pete Shepherd
1,694 Posts
I bought one of these a few years ago. They incorparate an MRRC Sebring chassis which neatly fits into the resin body/underpan. When I first used it all I had done was take the magnet out and it was the worst new car I'd ever had, it would just spin the wheels as the tyres were so hard, the gear mesh was also poor. So I have replaced the pinion with a scaleauto brass one (for a slimline motor), I've fitted a Slot it hypoid/offset crown, replaced the tyres with some MRRC rubber (for the old Airfix Cortina) and fitted a new deeper guide. It now runs much better and is perfectly acceptable for my home track.

Thanks,

Pete

PS, the finish on the body and detailing is excellent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts