SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

When I've finished my 70's le mans style pit builidng I'll be making the building that's at the end of the pits (control/start). The start lights and clock hung from this building. It would be ideal to make this to hide my sport power & control and lap counter...does anyone have any pics they could post/email me of the real thing to help with the design?

regards,
Marlon.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Judging by your design,you must have found similar photos to me. You'll also know that there aren't that many photos around.

There's a cool graphic on the front page of the Le Mans Website that can be used as the timing gantry.

A few photos here, but you have to look closely or order the prints.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nuro,

I took this picture,

Its not that good as its from a paused section of the le mans movie.
It shows the clock and start light gantry (in between the esso signs) and also the presentation rostrum on the left hand side.
Its quite a long building so I'll probably only represent half of it in my model.
Might be some use to anyone else thinking of scratch building one.
Regards,
Marlon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was looking through some back issues of Racer magazine at the weekend and came across this picture in the June 2002 issue (page 70).

It's from the 1987 race, might be of some use to you. MAF, if you'd like a high-resolution version let me know and I'll email it to you.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Hi guys,

just came across this by accident, but I think this comes close to what you might need : Link

Kind regards,

Yves

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks MCV84 for the great pic

Yves that link shows some pretty impressive accessories and buildings there. Never seen those before. Hope mine turns out to be half that good

Cheers,
Marlon.

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Marlon

If only you had posted this a couple of weeks ago I could have taken some for you as I was stood opposite the building at 5 in the morning ! (for the 24 hour race).

Never mind there is always next year.....

Regards

Alan

PS Keep up the great work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts