SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Forgot to mention, hypercar is meant to be a road car, with racing versions, think it's 25 off for year 1,then an extra 75 for year 2.Petrol only, no diesels.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I reckon that part of Brendon Hartley's trouble in Formula One is that he's a lankey streak of @#&% ! Anyone bigger than one of the Time Bandits has no chance in a modern Grand Prix car it seems.

Reactions: munter

·
Registered
8,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Gripping

Your thoughts about the 917 had occurred to me, too, because it was, of course, a production sports car officially. Ditto the 512S.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Porsche did play fast & loose with the rules to say the least, Trisha!

@tangerinedream: Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus (now there's a mouthful :O ) are an American company based in Sleepy Hollow, New York. They apparently intend to compete in the Hypercar class with a car called SCG 007

Attachments

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
That's a nice looking car. I would get to work real fast in that one! The pizza would still be hot by the time I got home too. I see many important and useable benefits to owning one.
biggrin.png

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
It reminds me of a Honda NSX. Looks good and a return to petrol too, should be an exciting class to watch. I noticed the cars name includes 007, a reference to James Bond or just hopeful he will drive 1 in a future film?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Tyrrell made a car designated 007. James Bond never drove one, and there was no law suit :p

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,558 Posts
I _think_ hypercars are going to leave me as cold as LMPs do currently.

Technically, no doubt, they'll be masterpieces of engineering and know-how. Visually; aerodynamic sleek exotics. Emotionally? I'll largely shrug. I like endurance cars to look like beefed up road cars. A normal-ish car, developed for speed and stamina. Makes it a bit more relevant.

I've been mining a rich vein of mid-Nineties DTM on YouTube the last couple of days. Look like road cars on steroids: go like feck! Nice.

The GT1 and GT2 classes from the early Nineties were peak Le Mans for me. Things were, definitely, better in my day.👍

Reactions: Trisha

·
Registered
8,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Wankel

If you've got 5 minutes to spare, there's a YouTube vid called The Top 5 Best Sounding Touring Cars. Worth watching and listening. The V6 Alfa...

Well, see for yourself.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Looking forward to the red Martini Slot it Alfa, don't care if it can't beat a Cavalier coupe, it looks fabulous in red.
Remember doing an incentives trade show for Doulton in the Chelsea barracks just about the time the Calibra was launched, Vauxhall had one on their trade stand, white, it was bees around a honey pot.

·
Premium Member
5,558 Posts
Trisha, that video was four rather disappointing motors leading up to a glorious crescendo.👍

I spotted a mint looking Calibra on the road yesterday. Did a double-take as it cruised past because you just don't see those cars on the road anymore. Least, not round here.

As you were.

·
Registered
8,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Wankel

Point taken. I tend to enjoy listening to engine racket through cans/headphones. Lots of YouTube clips to which I've become rather addicted.

All the usual from Porsche and Ferrari, of course, plus the V12 Matra and V16 BRM.

The spitting clatter, rumbling, burbling and clanking from the V16 Auto-Union are also... well, it's me age, ya see.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
The aforementioned Scuderia Cameron Glinkenhaus finished the Nuerburgring 24 hours 2020 in a respectable 14th position in overall classification.

They used the SCG 004 which can be raced in either GT3 or GTE specification. It looks a little like Ford's recent GT car. B)

For sheer style though, I love their SCG 006! ... A truly gorgeous car! :O :D

Attachments

Reactions: Trisha

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I spotted a mint looking Calibra on the road yesterday. Did a double-take as it cruised past because you just don't see those cars on the road anymore. Least, not round here.
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Cracking cars, Calibras. I ran one for 2.5 yrs and 150000 miles. Never had the back seats up though, it was just a smart looking truck..
biggrin.png

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
On YouTube theres a video onboard a D Type Jag with Mike Hawthorn doing a lap of Le Mans in 1956. Very interesting commentary from Mike.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Just watched a YouTube video of Johnny Herbert doing a lap of Le Mans in 2011 with the Mazda 787B, interesting to see the changes made to the track from the previous video as my previous post. Not a fan of the 2 chicanes on the Mulsanne Straight.

The Mazda engineers seemed happy the car got out the pit lane.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Yes it's a great vid of Hawthorn in the jag at LM, he's got a clipped tones bbc microphone strapped to his test and the public on the road as well.
The original Hunaudieres straight, pre chicane was a chance for drivers to relax a little, apart from the 69 917lh at the kink!!!
There's also some good footage from the 70s,jurgen barth in 77, Martini 936,journo rides in 78 in an Alpine Renault etc.
There's a great old Castrol film, La Ronde Infernale of the 69 race, that's got Peter sadlers gt 40 as an inboard.
Peter Sadler was of Sadlers teapots in Stoke on Trent, when I was at poly in the late seventies my summer job was at Trentham Gardens, the local was the Trentham Hotel, it was his local as well, remember chatting to him a few times, think he was running in sports 2000 at the time, formula ford with bodywork.

21 - 40 of 158 Posts