SlotForum banner

Le Mans

28161 Views 560 Replies 39 Participants Last post by  Trisha
Lots of good footage of last weekend's race on YouTube. All worth watching. Well deserved success for all class winners, but particularly so for the Astons.

All so very odd, though, without crowds of spectators. No ferris wheel, no fun fair. Empty enclosures. Vacant grandstands. Track action, however, as fast and furious as ever. Just hope all back to normal next year, eh?

Oh, and a wholly irrelevant pic below for the hell of it, which I suppose serves as a reminder of great LM days years ago.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: 1
421 - 440 of 561 Posts
Mr. Penske did it with the Cooper of course, and he was not alone back in the day.
The difference between F1 and sports cars in the 65-72 era and the Group C era may be part of what contributes to their legion fans.
And a new era beginning next year as the latest Lmdh and HY cars hit the tracks, 963 s with additional customer cars, that's Beautifully aggressive BMW, Caddy, plus that Ferrari that actually looks like it's meant to be a Ferrari, bring it on , roll on June and my annual pilgrimage to the Sarthe.
Here is the LC1 so far. My sausage fingers caused much ado with some of the decals, so I suffer from home printing. But overall it's a nice addition to the 1/32 paddock and since I know I will race it I am not especially fussy about the finer details. Wing is drying in aluminum, and final decals will be applied tomorrow prior to mounting.
Then clear coat, while I figure out what sort of build I want to do.....do I want to have something different for Group C night? Or just a home runner? Hmmmmm.......
Sportswear Flooring Computer hardware Athletic shoe Font

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Wood Automotive design
See less See more
Reactions: 5
Gosh, the Lancia looks wonderful, Paul. Stunning. Very well done. A fire-breather for club use, or a 'sensible' car to race at home? A difficult decision. The answer is probably, both.
That is one cracking model, they flew at Silverstone when I saw them, Ickx had to be on his economy run, but the 956 would have plenty of other days in the sun.
As noted earlier..... anyone can have one. Body by @nimrod444 and decals via LeMans Decals.
Thank you for your very kind comments.
Reactions: 2
Maison Blanche in 1921. Note the road surface. The stages on this year's Rally of Greece look smoother.

Building Plant Tree House Window

And Arnage in the same year.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
See less See more
And here, by contrast, is the '37 start.
Art Building People Urban design Monochrome
See less See more
Reactions: 3
As noted earlier..... anyone can have one. Body by @nimrod444 and decals via LeMans Decals.
Thank you for your very kind comments.
I’ve got one of the thick vac forms from Betta, and the same decals. Yours looks very good, better press on with mine.
I'm curious as to how the refueling process worked, particularly in the early Seventies. Yeah, <lol> I'm aware that they put fuel into the car. I've seen evidence of a "pump" mounted on the wall of the Pit which makes sense. And a support mechanism for the hose which mounts to the same wall. But I've no idea as to where the fuel comes from specifically. Were their Tanks of some sort in each Pit garage ? Precious few Photos that I've seen would indicate the existence though. Also there were awards for index of efficiency which would require the metering of the fuel ?

Trying to detail a 70's era pit garage and would like it to be accurate.

Thanks
First went in 84, still the old fuel pumps in use then, some teams put black tape over the read outs which showed total consumption, this was now basically a fuel formula in group C, this stopped other teams knowing how much fuel a car had used, Joest were generally the most Fuel efficient In period.

There must have been pipework from a central tank, probably underground behind the pits in the paddock area, it would have been toooo dangerous to have a tank in each pit
Just tripped over an excellent Ford Heritage film on YouTube, called Target 200 it's the development of the GT40, cracking period shots at the track and testing, funky 60s music, well worth watching
The replacement for GTE am at LM for 2024 has been announced today as LMGT3, bodywork modified to suit LM will be allowed but not compulsory, should be interesting.
The full schedule for the 2023 centenary race scrutineering and race week has been published now by the ACO.
Think Next year's race is going to be popular, apparently the campsites sold out within a week.
I was thinking of going next year BUT when I went to the ACO website a couple of weeks ago it showed all race day admission tickets had already been sold although some were still available for practice days.
Tickets went on sale late October so they sold out really quickly - a far cry from the Group C days when you just turned up on race day and paid at the gate.
Ferrari have announced their driver lineup for the new Hypercar project.
A few pictures from the 2022 catalogue by Le Mans Miniatures. Very nice slot models.
Vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive tire Tire
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Vehicle Car Tire Automotive design Automotive tire
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Vehicle Car Hood Tire Racing
Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle
See less See more
I see some purchases in your future, Laurence. Pretty models.
421 - 440 of 561 Posts