SlotForum banner
101 - 120 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
8,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Le Mans doesn't get a green light until August this year but, now at the beginning of June, my thoughts naturally turn to the Sarthe battles of yesteryear, especially as the annual thunderstorms are threatening in the sky above my head.

An atmo punctuated by barbecue smoke, excited wagging tongues, the heady aromas emanating from food vendors, helicopters chopping the air aloft, the wafting bouquet from a huge assortment of wine and beer, skid marks on the track where a car left the road in practice, ice-cream, fairground rides, trade stands, model cars, books and...

... there's just too much to see, but an engine firing in the pitlane suddenly results in thousands checking their watches. Not long to go. Enclosures are full. Cars start the warm-up lap, commentators can hardly contain themselves, and quiet descends upon spectators.

The field is visible at the chicane. Pace car peels away and 35,000bhp is unleashed to an instant crescendo of booming, whooping, whoomphing, blatting, screaming, burbling, and more booming... And the world's greatest sporting event is under way, again.

Well, it might not be happening in June, but we can replicate it all in 1:32-scale - apart from the champagne, which in the HR2 postal district will be on a scale of 1:1. A vos sante!

·
Registered
8,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Everyone has to occasionally endure doing things they don't want to do, and attend functions that force our minds to wander, but for sure, chaps, you don't know you're born.

Many, many years ago, uncle Bonkers held one of his more unusual social gatherings. I was compelled to attend. No choice. Le Mans was out of the equation.

Heavily censored daubing of yesteryear below depicting endurance well beyond that which is expected of mere Le Mans folk. And the story goes relentlessly on...

·
Registered
8,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
A poor entry for the top prototype class next weekend, and an army of Orecas in LMP2, but both GT classes should create a few interesting battles as usual.

Le Mans followed by Spa at the end of the month. Much to which we can look forward before Monza, therefore.

101 - 120 of 158 Posts