SlotForum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Tel
4,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Sorry to drag up this old post, but I am hoping I have this right and someone can confirm or correct me ;)

I need to wire the light bridge for the club, and if the information given to me from you kind lot before has properly sunk into my noggin, I think this would be the way to do it for a 4 lane wih 1.1-1.4v 30ma IR LED's.

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Number

·
Digital Guru
11,395 Posts
If your using 5v input why not use 5v led with built in resistor 👀.

Makes things so simple ,available all the motorsport gantry colours , 3mm dia or 5 or 10mm...

·
Rich Dumas
4,130 Posts
The diagram in post 41 looks like one of mine. The problem with having the IR LEDs in parallel using a single dropping resistor is that if one LED burns out the voltage to the others would go up, possibly causing the others to burn out as well. It would be safer to have a separate dropping resistor for each LED. In that case if you were using 1.3v 30mA LEDs the dropping resistors would need to be 123 ohms. I have not seen IR LEDs with dropping resistors, but possibly you can find some of those.

·
Tel
4,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
Yep, Sorry RichD, I shamelessly I plagiarised your earlier diagram and edited in photoshop 😊

Yes IR LEDs generally don't come with resistors, at least not where I am looking. Besides the IR led and Diodes are ones I know to work well so am sticking with them :)
Luckily I have suitable resistors in the box from doing my home track bridge and start gantry. I do tend to order enough for spares .... remembering where I put them nearly 2 years on is often another thing though !

Thank you gents 👍

41 - 46 of 46 Posts