SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Peter Rondel
6,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope you enjoy the track and before you think, why no corners with multiple radii..............with Carrera track en limited space it can me very difficult to get this many meters on a table size 380 x 150 cm..... actually its hanging over the original table with about 4 cm. But, the radius 2 corner in the back of the garage might become a radius 1-2-3 type if I know which is going to be the direction of the race. The brigde..........it gives me about 3 meters of track extra is not good home the Spirit Dalara....that car is too low and cant come up to the bridge and scratches the surface on its way down.........mucho volts will help but there is little or no control then
Changeovers..............I thought I'll try them anyway.
Bought a year or two ago 2 secondhand 1 time used boxes with two sets of 1/24 Exlusive cars AVUS with the oldskool Mercedes and Audi, and A set GalndClassic with a Ferrari 250 GT swb/Jaguar Eype) couldnt resist to buy at least one car myself...........the ferrari 330P4
THe second handset were used only once............who would do that? and were an absolute bargain. everything works and everything that should be in the box is there.

So, I'll wait for the hottest day in April ever (29 degrees overhere in the netherlands) and started laying a track..........just like that.
Overview, not complete to be taken in one shot. Just cant step back enough and dont own a wideangle or fisheye

top seen from the right

right side

View from the left

Close up of service area........yes I had a rally track, but just read here somewhere that a NASCAR race does have thes tents in the pitlane............well, I'm goieng to try to make something nice of it

I'm not going digital, the lanes differ only 5 cm. I like it so far, all my fast magnetless cars, used to run on scalextric sport track but this track is still clean.............every car, and I mean EVERY car drifts like it's supposed to do so. Very strange, but also funny.
Best performance: rally scalextric 307, most fun: fly capri (racing evo3)

Hope you like it, I did

·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts
Hi

Do you cover thr track with anything when you are not using it?
Would it not be possible to turn the track into an L- shape?
Is it possible to make the elevated section lower so the incline slope is not so severe, making it easer to climb it?

Nice track good use of space.

·
Peter Rondel
6,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@1eye101: I cant take the layout out of the carrera track planner. erhm, maybe its possible but I did not come across a part where I could take out the lay out as .jpeg
yesterday I bought my son something that he is not aware of yet.......hahahaha, ow Deere.....it's John! 1/32 it is.
The green mean machine has some difficulty with the bridge but take the slopes like a real tractor. It's controlled with an infrared unit, has lights, alarm lights and lights for left/right.
for my son, for my son!!

@Slotrace.dk: those tents are really nice and come with a lot of mechanics. I'm sure the green and blue one will come as well. And yes it's a very nice track, fast sections allover and some nice curves.

@Graymalkin33: No I dont cover up the track (yet). The table can be folded against the wall, but I think I'm going to make a thinner plate that comes on top of this one. wood outlines and tentlining just to keep the dust away.
Turning the track into L shape would definately block my way out with my bike
This is the foot of the L.............hanging higher and yes, could be used, but now it has a rally/raid track destination. If necessary I could use this for the carrera track as well. But, now I know that I can race any time, I the foot of the L is used I probabbly race less coz it takes soem time to clear the space underneath every time .....and leaving the bikes outside all of the time.......? no cant do that

The slope is the original bridge that came with the sets, but I have bought the newer bridge, it's not in yet..........I know that one is longer, it has 2 fullstraights 40cm to go up instead of one.

ah well, enough idea's. what I would like to do now is raise everyting one floor that is the low part now, and lowering the brigde and higher parts to a domeshaped pit

·
Peter Rondel
6,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, the shovel is working! and yes, a little bit of scenery will be done............although there is little space left.
A time ago I bought some old scalextric people, found a whole box with pillions, haybales en flagpoles for sale and bought three stands. So maybe it's something to work on, but for now it's driving time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.