SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Just so you know this was not built by me

Lee one of our members built it

But while he is good with a saw and router he is no good at posting on here so I have posted it for him

Well done Lee it looks a great track

Starting the routing

The inner lane

The Jig to keep the lanes straight when doing the rebate for the braid and also the correct distant apart on the bends

It doing the inner lane

And moved around to keep it inline whils rebating the slot for the braid so it sits flush to the track

The cut outs for the lane changers

And with the track peices in position

The back straight cut in

And the power base now added

And the track in full view - Just needs to painted now

Nice work Lee

Not bad for a Saturday afternoon's work Lee

·
Registered
331 Posts
Very cool! That would be sick running all those cars.

What made you decide to put the 'option lane' on the inside instead of the outside?

·
Doilum
975 Posts
Very nice job. Right up my street.

I have a routed digital oval that has not yet been fully copper taped. I had intended on building my own LCs, but love the way in which you've inserted ready-made LCs into this layout.

It is a shame that the 6car PB can't clock more than two lanes without some fairly complicated modification. Alothought it gives a nice 'squeeze'. I have three lanes through the PB and was intending on going the AAB or ABB or whatever route a-la RicoRocket but haven't yet bought the extra detection track.

My intention is a digital slot-stox circuit. But I love the NASCARS.

And a neat trick with the offset routing, using the outside curve to give you the next cut.

Post some vids when this is up and running.

Al.

G

·
I see in photo' 7, in the background, your "pit-box" and cars Michael. Does this contain the famous 6 hour car that lasted around 5 minutes ?

G

·
Looks really good Lee, even though you don't look at SF.
Pity about the HO track though. Sorry Michael but you won't be the **** (HO Motoracing Organiser) now.

Perhaps you can be the President of the "Nascar racing Organisational Board" instead.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (Slotrace.dk @ 27 May 2010, 20:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Brilliant circuit!
But why not move the power base outside the track?

As it would need seperating and not sure it will make a difference anyway to the track

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (fw14b @ 27 May 2010, 18:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I see in photo' 7, in the background, your "pit-box" and cars Michael. Does this contain the famous 6 hour car that lasted around 5 minutes ?

It made it to the finish line in the end

·
Greg Gaub
14,988 Posts
Yeah, NASCAR is left turn only, so he'd have to split the PB to put it on the outside of the track. No mean feat, I must say. There's little reason not to have it the way they do, other than ease of access. But with SSDC, you rarely need to touch the actual base.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (fw14b @ 27 May 2010, 18:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks really good Lee, even though you don't look at SF.
Pity about the HO track though. Sorry Michael but you won't be the **** (HO Motoracing Organiser) now.

I am sure we can get in a HO track after all they are only small

QUOTE (fw14b @ 27 May 2010, 18:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Perhaps you can be the President of the "Nascar racing Organisational Board" instead.

But you are the HEAD of that department

And please keep to topic FW14B or I will have to moderate you

G

·
QUOTE (MrFlippant @ 27 May 2010, 21:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah, NASCAR is left turn only, so he'd have to split the PB to put it on the outside of the track. No mean feat, I must say. There's little reason not to have it the way they do, other than ease of access. But with SSDC, you rarely need to touch the actual base.

Hi,
if you could explain how to do the above, i am sure Lee would do it.
You have to understand that he is from Australia though.

Michael,
just imagine if you were organiser of both

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You are quite right Mr F

Need to look into SSD and what leads I will need

On another note I might need to pinch your driver stations as they would look good along the side of the track

Hope you don't mind

Michael

·
Greg Gaub
14,988 Posts
Don't mind at all. It would make me smile to see my driver station design popping up all over the place.

If you want details on splitting the PB from the track, take a look here:
http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?...c=42758&hl=
Stan refers to his other track-splitting guides, so take a look at those as well. Just click his name on his post to find his other topics.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think that the power base will Ok where it is at the moment as this is the 1st design of the track

We are about to start work on a pit lane and other add on's

So a few questions

1. We want to add PC race control - So what is best to use ?

2. How do we make a cable so they can talk to each other ?

3. What would you paint the track with ?

Thanks

Michael

1 - 20 of 33 Posts