SlotForum banner

Let's have a go at a rally track

93K views 370 replies 53 participants last post by  nik kerswill 
QUOTE (RikkiGTR @ 7 Oct 2011, 12:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looking good. I certainly agree with the point about limitations - you can route a much more natural-looking track into a much smaller space, like this effort. Couldn't possible get anything like this with plastic track.
I'm only using plastic on my own because it's my first serious layout. I will no doubt route my own track next

Sorry to butt in,

With a bit of planning you can get a fair amount of classic track onto an 8X4

Cheers - Phil
(As seen at Farnham)

Someone mention cattle grid -

OK I promise I`ll stop now.

Yours will be a great project, hopefully I`ll get a run on it sometime. I`m looking forward to the progress reports.

Cheers - Phil

QUOTE (Saviour @ 5 Oct 2011, 11:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'll be keep a close eye on this. So far looks great. Cattle Grid.....
If you use brass or aly tube, put a solid rod inside the tube, it will rattle as the cars cross over it.

I do like this idea, I only used bamboo barbeque skewers for mine, cut to length and hot glued in place. The cars do make a bit of noise going over it but I do think a bit of experimentation with the above idea will pay dividends.

Cheers - Phil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.