SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any pictures of the running gear from a scalextric leyland truck unit that they could post up? i have aquired a nearly complete one that i think just needs an intermediate shaft making up and just looking for a guide. cheers

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Hi Pete

The intermediate shaft has a yellow reduction gear on it and the trucks use a standard black guide blade. If you contact Pendles or Phil Smith they may be able to help you source the parts you need.

Thanks

Matthew

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers matthew , thanks for that. in the meantime , i was just curious to see what the set up should look like. so if anyone does have a pic?

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Hi Pete Used to play around and modify these trucks quite a bit but I managed to find one that is unmolested and original. I've took a couple of pics of the layout of it but now find that I can't post pics. So I've put them on photobucket for you. Go to my album on trickiedickie36 and look for latest uploads. Hope this helps
Dick

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi dick, you are a star! thats fantastic , just what i was looking for. what do the the old things go like? i just need to sort the intermediate gear and then i think i have all the bits to put it together. lovin' the europa & 7 too! veeeeery nice. thaanks again pete.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Pete, Glad you found the pics. Those trucks are probably the slowest vehicle ever, the slowest motor you could dream of and then geared down!! and expected to tow a trailer. Oh yes and they fall over with ease. That's why most of mine have been modded by skipping the intermediate gear and sticking a better motor in. I assume that you are talking about the standard arctic truck and not the rebel rig which had a longer wheelbase to make things easier. I may well have an inter gear shaft assembly but I'm going to have to hunt for it.
Dick

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dick , pics were absolutely spot on. not looking to race or get too carried away with it (it is the leyland tractor unit). i just fancied putting it together as a "do it one day" job for a bit of fun. pendle do list a gear but without contacting them i'm not sure if its the right one. if you happen across one though.....
.....pm me? thanks again pete.

·
Horlicks Hero
1,941 Posts
I have a pair of these, and besides being the slowest vehicles ever produced they are also the noisiest. That extra gear in there causes so much extra graunching. But the lower gearing does mean they can tow just about anything around the track.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
woohoo. i had a rummage in my spares box and a bit of a fiddle and ive got the old girl going. sure is slow but hey!! i just used a cut down front axle to for the shaft , an old crown wheel and an old , knackered , split , pinion (just to try) as the bore is smaller than the "proper" gear. by the time the pinion is stretched iver the shaft ive effectively "lost" at least one tooth but amazingly it still runs. i see pendle list the contrate gear for a quid. now i know its a goer i may just have to push the boat out...or see if i can ream a new pinion out by half a mm!! keep on truckin'!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.