SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as per title. lidls have didital vernier guages in at £8.99. i have had once since they had them in some time ago and for the money it is perfectly acceptable for the job.

·
Prof I T
11,156 Posts
hi
they are excellent value for money,i got a similar deal from Aldi.

They are very accurate and you can measure id,od and depth..

Last time i mentioned these my eye crometers were bought into question but it can clearly be seen that they do exist,on this side of the world anyway.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they most certainly aren't a pigment of your imagination! i agree that they are super value. had mine at least 18 months now and not seen cheaper in that time.

·
Tel
4,062 Posts

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Hi
you can often get good deals at lidls ,on two or three occassions i have bought boxes of dremel tools for about 3.99 far cheaper than buying them seperately
worth a visit

Cheers tony

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I agree Lidl has some excellent products, for instance they have a 12yr single malt called Ben Bracken at about £17 that is as fine a Speyside Malt as I've tasted, I must have consumed around 200 bottles since discovery around 4yrs ago. A mate of mine bought himself a small petrol chainsaw branded Florabest last year, I set the saw up for him and can confirm that both the bumf and build quality of the saw indicated it was in fact, made by Husquvarna, and if branded such would have cost twice the price. Cheers Jason

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Wow
200 bottles of malt whiskey and a chainsaw
how dangerous is that ?
stick to verniers and dremels mate
cheers tony

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Hi Tony,
Thats only one bottle a week, I drink very little alcohol beside. I do agree though, never mix the two. Kindest Regards Jason

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,281 Posts
coincidence or what? I was on the Lidl site just the other day looking for them (and Aldi - they have some good deals too) and the verniers didn't appear.

Are they there now? I'll pop in if so and grab a set.

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Hi
I,ve certainly seen calipers in either aldi or lidls some time in the last week for about 8 pounds so they are still about you may have to go to one or two stores
the trouble with both of these places is that if you dont buy them when they are there ,they dont re stock sometimes for 6 months

cheers tony

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
our local store had a fair stock on sunday when i was in there. i assume they were "thursday" stock? i kicked myself about 6 months ago for not picking up a sand-blaster when they had them in for £9.99 , the cheapest comparable i have seen since is £24.99. generally most of their stuff is pretty good gear for the money....just buy it when you see it....or regret it!!

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,281 Posts
Did the deal! Thanks for the heads up. THe mrs has had enough excitement of me showing her how much easier it is to measure with digital calipers than vernier calipers.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (snurfen @ 28 Aug 2012, 22:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Did the deal! Thanks for the heads up. THe mrs has had enough excitement of me showing her how much easier it is to measure with digital calipers than vernier calipers.

i suppose it depends WHAT you are measuring! dont go dispelling any myths as to what 8" looks like now!!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i picked up one each of the parkside full size spray gun and sandblaster last week at £12.99 & £9.99 repectively. sorry , didn't post as i didnt think they were particularly relevant. bargains though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts