SlotForum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening from Germany,

does anybody here know whether or where one could get Lifelike Fast Track Chassis or motors ? They may be used or destroyed as long as com and mags are not damaged.
I need quite a pile...

Roland

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
They won't be easy to find outside of the US.

·
Andy Player
3,875 Posts
Barry at HO Slot Cars Direct in the UK with be able to help you out with new motors and bare chassis. Buds HO in the US will be a good bet for the complete chassis - also in new condition.

Otherwise, large lots of used chassis do sometimes come up on US eBay.

What's the project Roland? Sounds interesting

·
Rich Dumas
3,545 Posts
Lifelike used the same name for several chassis. The older style is the "M" type inherited from Rokar, those use a regular 6 ohm armature and have a pair of ceramic magnets. The newer style chassis is the "T" type, which has a can style motor with a longer than standard armature that has the laminations painted green. The earliest "T" chassis cars did not have traction magnets, but the majority of the cars have a pair of neodymium dot traction magnets. It looks like spare parts for either type are getting hard to find. I have never seen replacement chassis available for the "T" car, possibly some dealers took whole cars apart and sold the components. Wizzard still lists the bare "M" chassis. If what you want is rolling chassis you can buy entire cars and sell off bodies that you don't need.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Lucky Bob sells replacement T chassis doesn't he? Certainly Barry (uk afx) on the bay does.

·
Andy Player
3,875 Posts
The parts aren't that rare. And Lucky Bob has loads.

I was thinking Buds because Roland was talking about getting loads - and I've never got a customs hit on his parcels.

If the German customs officials are as strict as their British counterparts, Buds might be a good bet for a pile of Ts.

If not - and I know they are slack on small parcels in France - then Bob's shipping will be marginally cheaper.

Hope this is all useful info

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
There is a supply of new old stock in Europe other than those mentioned too, without tariff barriers to European countries.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
It would be useful to name this supplier.

By the way Tony, what has happened to your ebay page and website?

Also, can you pass the Tyco cup along to Paul H before the HOGP please?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts