SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Have a search on the bay for the following item: 350520588461

The seller says that this is what the LifeLike M should have developed into (he says he was the designer) and that he is selling converted M cars as the M-Tech Series II. It looks interesting as it appears to have a can motor similar to the T car and then a nice large set of traction magnets.

Annoyingly there are no photos of the car with the body off and looking down on the chassis. Perhaps he doesn't want to give away his secrets. After all he is selling them for £30 a pop and claims they'll beat Mega Gs, SG+s, LL-Ts and any other regular chassis.

There are two left on the current listing. If they're still there come the end of the month, I would be tempted to buy one if I was allowed to run it at WHO or EAHORC in some class. If not, it would be a massive amount of cash to blow on a car which could go to better use on gears and other things.

Anyway, your views, opinions and shoe size!

Cheers

Gareth

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
These were created by Bob Colleran I think, or for him. This is neo, the same neo who lifts threads from here and puts them on POS.

They cars are not bad, but are simply bigger magnets hacked into a T chassis. It's been done before.

Most places they could not run, and where they could other stuff would beat them. £30 is too steep.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Deane your photos aren't working, sounds interesting if nothing else.

Gareth, love the roll of honour at the bottom of your posts, may copy that.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I reckon you could make one fairly easily, just need an M, a T a dremil and a hot melt glue gun but the trcky bit would be finding those traction mags.

If you were in the mood for hacking about I thing LLT motor mags and a 3.5 ohm tyco arm in a short mega G would be a good bet, especially if you got the traction mags level with the bottom of the chassis like the one jon cryer built.

Genuine pro mod car though? That M tech thing is not a production car by any stretch of the imagination, IMO

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I won't bother with one then.

Julian you have tiny feet.

Deane, you said it was a T chassis in your post when your photo of a chassis clearly has an M stamped on it! Typo!!

Marc, I was inspired by Darren putting that he was WHO rookie of the year....which I think he partly put because he knows how gutted I was to screw up and give him the championship! But yes, it is quite nice to have your honours as your signature.

I too am a size 10!

·
Rich Dumas
3,664 Posts
That is not a can motor, it is a regular M chassis with the ceramic magnets and flux collector removed. There are flat neo motor magnets supplemented with small square neo magnets for more traction. The magnets appear to be held in place with hot glue or blobs of epoxy. If the magnets were too strong the chassis would bend, it was not intended for a lot of downforce. The motor might tend to heat up as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.