SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I've been running 250s but I've decided/researched/forked out on some new 275s, 290s and 300s to experiment with.

What size tyres are you running is often the most pertinent question!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the advice guys, I appreciate it. I had a set of .250 rims so they went on today with some .422 super tires, a vast improvement!

Pasiro, do you mind me asking what the problem with yours was?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Grrrrr! Now I have @£$%ed up the pickups. When it first arrived it didn't run well so I tweaked the pickups a little which made a big improvement. Judging from the wear pattern it still wasn't making much contact, one ham-fisted attempt to improve things later and now it barely runs at all.

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Jim,

Sounds obvious, but make sure that the pickups are clipped in correctly.
They clip in under the plastic, but also into the copper motor pickup. Sometime you think you have got it in, and it is only located in the plastic, and not the coppper's location slot.

andy

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Andy,

Cheers for that, I have it working finally,
I think they were in right but it could of been that. I see what you mean though, easy to clip them in and for them to stay put without actually being in the clip properly. I think the issue was my clumsy attempts to reshape the to make better contact resulted in a lot less contact!

New shoes on the way!

Jim

·
Registered
612 Posts
QUOTE (Jimb0 @ 29 Jan 2012, 09:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think the issue was my clumsy attempts to reshape the to make better contact resulted in a lot less contact!

I find they don't need re-shaping but do need to be "bowed" out slightly, and I mean ever so slightly

As for tyres I think you need .420 or less on the rims
I was running against SRT's (some with the stronger magnets) at SQUIRM last Saturday and was on the pace with the car, it was just my driving that let me down.(it wasn't that bad but I was up against two members of the Le mans winning Wrun Wragged Team) I had .422 or the rims but feel it could have gone lower...I have some more ordered

1 - 13 of 13 Posts