SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear slot.it

Ive been searching through the boards to see if i can learn how is it the the light work under Oxigen.
I have gathered that the ligth kit to use for O2 with the current chip is SISP16 Universal Light Kit - for analog and SSD. Is this correct?

What I am interested to know is:

Are the lights on all the time?
Can they really be turned on/off via the SCP for each car as stated in the FAQ?
Can they by turned on/off via the Chrono SW for all the cars (like SCX digital does it) - would you consider this if not?

the FAQ states:

QUOTE Q: does it have a lighting system, and if so, how is it operated
A: yes, it is compatible with Slot.it's lighting system SP16. Lights can be remotely operated from
the SCP-1 buttons

But there is nowhere to be found a procedure to turn the lights on/off; how-to.
Can you please assist.

·
Vendor
2,977 Posts
Hi
"Switching the lights on/off: the car chip is compatible with the lights kit SP16. To turn lights on/off, release the trigger and press the circular 'brake' button."

Now added to the manual... thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Maurizio

On the universal lightning kit i have there i a large black connector. On the wireless chip there is a small white connector. Do i need to solder to connect the dots or is there some other way?

Thanks
Jonas

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a kit but did not have a chance to open it. But I did notice everything is there to be assembled / soldered. So I am guessing that the answer is yes, you need to solder it all together / assemble it and plug it in.

·
Vendor
2,977 Posts
The lighting kit was born well before the oXigen system, hence the connector is the old type, compatible with SP12 (SSD circuit).
All oXigen circuits, and new SSD SP15, will come with a smaller connector.

The wires with the small connector will also become available separately.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so if I already bought some light kits i will be able to upgrade them?
What is the name of the current plug in the O2 chip maybe I can order a female, I don't want to solder to the current plug if I don't want to.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
QUOTE (Slot.it @ 8 May 2012, 10:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>"Switching the lights on/off: the car chip is compatible with the lights kit SP16. To turn lights on/off, release the trigger and press the circular 'brake' button."

Ahw gee..that's a dissapointment, this means no flashing of your lights while overtaking other cars

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Slot.it @ 15 May 2012, 09:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The lighting kit was born well before the oXigen system, hence the connector is the old type, compatible with SP12 (SSD circuit).
All oXigen circuits, and new SSD SP15, will come with a smaller connector.

The wires with the small connector will also become available separately.

any change you can tell us the name is the connector that will mate with the 02 chip please?
I have 2 light kits I bought that I cannot use ATM.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Also you will find that the Circular button needs to just be tapped, not pressed to toggle the lights.

Rich

·
Vendor
2,977 Posts
A strip female connector 1.27 should do mm but I can't give a part #yet. Sorry but I am travelling, leaving tomorrow, and will be back in 10 days, so I doubt I will be able to help any sooner, but I'll try anyway...
In any case we'll sell this connector as soon as we get it.

·
Vendor
2,977 Posts
We've placed the order, but we've not received from the company yet.
In the meanwhile, you can try sourcing a 1.25mm terminal connector, it should work. To give you an idea, search Alibaba for 1.25mm terminal connector

·
Vendor
2,977 Posts
I understand, I'd be puzzled too, by the scarcity of pictures. I really can't, as I may give out wrong information without having samples in my hands. Good news is that the cables should be arriving by courier soon.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts