SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Been doing some work...finally got around to installing the new Ac/AC power pack for the lights on the track and installed 2 stadium slights on the banked end of the track.

Many thanks to all that help especially Philippe (pmarchand) for his wonder diagram for wiring.

For the power supply wiring...it was very cheap to do...and took maybe 2 hours to wire it up.

Power Pack = $35 devilered
9 foot extension cord (I cut the recepticle end off) - $3
ON/OFF switch spliced into the Extension cord - $1.69
Misc. 16 guage wire - 10 cents a foot
Terminal block and jumper strips (Radio Shack) $6
1 package spade connectors $1.50

OK...here's the pictures....

Daytime picture, lights off:

(had to link these since this site only allows so many pictures to be posted)

daytime picture 1

daytime picture 2

Lights on:

These are lit with the new stadium lights:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Very impressive - I find this track of yours very inspirational and a really nice example of what can be achieved with a home set-up. Interesting to note that you have choosen to approach the whole thing without the more common versions wich includes people and buildings.. Any particular reason? - apologize if you've already answered this before, but I cannot remember.

VERY NICE! - I will have to download the pics and print them out to show my girlfriend a good example of what I aspire too...

//peter

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE Interesting to note that you have choosen to approach the whole thing without the more common versions wich includes people and buildings.. Any particular reason?

I have always been more interested in Sport Car racing than say F1 or Rally car. Here in the states, I live just outside Washington DC and not too far away is a 2 mile road course that my Brother and I used to go to all the time, Summit Point Speedway.

Although not a replica of this track by any means, The Point is a Sports car track outside the town of Summit Point West Virginia. It is a more country setting type of track. Very competitive without all the glitz and glamour of the more popular race tracks. It was the inspiration that fed me throughout the build process and scenery. In so far as people and grandstands, I considered it but then I realized they were only going to end up to what amounted to a spectator fatality if they were here.

So I kept it a country track and left the hustle and bustle to everyone else.

The layout itself amounted to 2 different desires...I wanted long straights with Banked turns where you could get some butt-cheek clenching speed and also a mix of road course thrown in to keep it all honest with some challenging turns.

This is about 95 feet of track and although 1/2 of it is a screamer, the other half challenges your trigger finger quite well!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Thanks for the thorough answer and the layout pic.

//peter

·
Registered
420 Posts
oh - forgot to mention - I have you to blame
for a new 'sin' of mine
the other day I got myself my first 1/18 scale model...
but I promised myself - only a classic mustang
not another starting 'collection'. Just a mustang - might be one or two more mustangs later - but definitively not more than that...

//peter

·
Registered
90 Posts
That's how it all starts...just one...yeah, right...been there done that, got the T-shirt, coffee mug and all variations of diecast about it!

Here's a link to the rest of the pictures if anyone wants them. Gene at the Slot car place was was nice enough to host them on his site. Nuro, if you want to copy them here onto this site, please feel free.

Hootersville Raceway

1 - 9 of 9 Posts