SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Has anybody some information on the slot cars made by the Italian company Lima.
These are better known for thier trains.
I have found a car made by them. It has friction drive to the rear wheels.
I will post a photo later.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hi

Very interesting. New to me, but need to check "the library!" Thanks for posting the photos. Roughly the same size as the Scalextric tinplate, or ??

all my very best,

Charles

·
Administrator
9,688 Posts
The braids look very much like a slot conversion of a diecast or tinplace car... Haven't checked everything yet, but it wasn't in Rampini's book on slot cars in Europe, and he seems pretty au courant for the older Italian companies..

Don

·
redstar
1,585 Posts
HI,COULD WE GET A PHOTO OF THE INSIDES ?I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE MOTOR ETC.IM NOT FAMILAR WITH LIMA MAKING A SLOT CAR.THE PIN & CONTACTS LOOK HANDMADE.BUT THE DRIVE LOOKS REAL.ITS FOR SURE A COPY OF THE SCALEXTRIC TINPLATE CAR.ITS VERY INTERESTING.THANKS,BERNARD

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Photos of the internals to follow.
I know the motor is not origional,(it has been replaced at some time).
All the rest of the car looks genuine. Especially the rear axle and drive unit. As the body is moulded around it.
I can not see any marks to show that there has been any modifications apart from the motor.
The tyres are marked LIMA-ITALY-290x65 on the walls.
The body and chassis are plastic and the rear axle /drive unit are riveted to the chassis.
It is very similar in size to the tinplate scalextric but the body mouldings are different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts