SlotForum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Earlier in the year I posted pics of my track. .here it is

But since then there have been lots of changes. Firstly some information about the track.

I use a 40car powerbaqse with a lap counter also. This is very basic and I hope to one day upgrade to a powerbase that will allow me to have a fuel management system. This would also mean incorperating a pit lane into the layout but becasue I'm so young I'm a bit short of money and also am not completely sure of what I need to buy.

The track is Scalextric type and it takes about 13 seconds to get round the track. Without realising it I created quite a difficult track and I am very happy with the results. The track is called Lindsey raceways because the village I live in is called Lindsey. The track is in the loft above my bedroom. There is quite a lot of table space but the loft has sloped sides making it quite inaccesible and you will be able to see lots of wooden 'struts' which rather inhibit viewing. I would saw these off but I fear the house might fall down.

There's still much more to do on the scenery!!!!!!!

PLease leave any feedback (good or bad)

Here are the pictures-not very clear as it's very hard to get a picyure of the whole crcuit in one!

got this idea from Martin T!!!

Thanks Joe

P.s I know I have asked many times about this but I will ask again. Many of your tracks such as 'Mr Flippant's' , the 'London Scalextric club' and the two 'Downunder digital' tracks have a fuel management system. Is this becasue they/you have the 6-car powerbase??!!

so to get a fuel management system I would have to buy the six car powerbase and a computer, and then download the 'scalextric sport digital console' from here. Am I right????????????????????

Thanks for all your help,
Joe

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like it!

It's like looking in my own loft - I have the exact same structure, all the beams coming diagonally down. I'm a bit of a carpetry newbie so I would be very interested to learn how you went about constructing your tables around the beams?

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I had lots of good nights out at the Lindsey White Rose in the late 80s, my mother lives in Bildeston, grandmother in Whatfield and I've got lots of family in Hadleigh.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In truth my Dad helped me a lot in this aspect of the build but I hope I can shed a bit of light on the matter.

We basicly screwed long pieces of wood into the struts and the let the table sit on them. We did this all the way down . In fact the tables aren't even screwed into the 'supports'

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Julian_Boolean-i live just down the road from the White Rose-although it's no longer a pub as it's been converted into a house!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
"P.s I know I have asked many times about this but I will ask again. Many of your tracks such as 'Mr Flippant's' , the 'London Scalextric club' and the two 'Downunder digital' tracks have a fuel management system. Is this becasue they/you have the 6-car powerbase??!!

so to get a fuel management system I would have to buy the six car powerbase and a computer, and then download the 'scalextric sport digital console' from here. Am I right????????????????????"

Looks good and "You're right"!

·
Greg Gaub
14,669 Posts
Yes, as Simon says (hehe ;-), Joe, you're correct. You must have a way for the track to talk to the PC, and that means a 6 car base. Best to save up for the APB. You'll also need the PC cable and the SSDC software, both of which can be purchased from the site you linked. You don't have to have Pit-Pro to do fuel simulation. That's just for preventing refueling outside of the pit lane, and setting a pit lane speed limit. It's otherwise unnecessary. So, 6 car base, PC and cable, and SSDC or PCLapCounter.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys.

@MrFlippant and ss67-thanks very much for your help. Mum says that could possibly be a christmas present
. only problem is that's still 4 months away!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
QUOTE (joearcherscx200 @ 9 Aug 2011, 16:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>@Julian_Boolean-i live just down the road from the White Rose-although it's no longer a pub as it's been converted into a house!!!!!!!!!!

Is the Red Rose still a pub?

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Joe,
you have some interesting controller holders there.... what are they? You mention MartinT having suggested them.

You should post them in the Controller Holder thread on this forum.

Otherwise it looks good and is well ahead of my developments! Keep up the good work.

Cheers!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts