SlotForum banner

Little Geeks Now Available

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Fergy 
#1 ·
TSRF News
(Film at eleven)

We have now added wheel inserts and drivers to the TSRF line. You may see them HERE and HERE. Thanks to the BWAmi for the 1/32 inserts made specially in Popsiclestick-Country. It is rumored that Al left the battle at the Alamo to get them in time to us.

Are these cool or what?

See less See more
#3 ·
Andy was just shipped some of the wheel inserts in both scale and 1/24 scale drivers. The 1/32 scale will follow soon. As per our trade rules, a Canadian or American or French or Belgian dealer cannot sell you any TSRF parts, you must get them from AB Slot Sport of one of his retailers.

We have other new products coming, the most important being new urethane tires and a new steel guide pin that will not "bind" in narrow slots on routed tracks.
Regards,

Philippe

#4 ·
We have now added wheel inserts and drivers to the TSRF line.

And about time too!

We have other new products coming, the most important being new urethane tires.

Hopefully they will look better than the PPR urethane tyres....

Tyres make such a huge difference to performance. Ortmann vs. PPR, vs. NSR, vs PM/IG, vs. TSRF..... what to choose....

Help!

Kind regards

Russell

#6 ·
Russell
I have heard great things about the performance of PPR tires.
I have seen pics of their 'Super Wheels' with tires mounted and don't like the look of them.
But I assumed their replacement 'slip-ons' for existing RTR wheels would look OK.
Is there anything wrong with the appearance of these?

#7 ·
Hi Mecoprop,

I've also heard great things about PPR tyres and I've managed to get a couple of pairs, although I've yet to try them.

Unfortunately, in terms of "scale" appearance, the PPR tyres don't look right since the sidewalls, unlike the new Professor Motor / Indy Grips tyres, aren't 'rounded'.

Image courtesy of Home Racing World

Kind regards

Russell

#8 ·
well, ppr's dont seem to perform at all well on our club track.

want a tip? if your racing on classic or sport get some ortmanns even with magnets you can see a difference.

Pendle seem to swear by proslot as does slot tech on wood tracks, so really you dont need to import anything, it's just knowing how to trea the tyres.

Rob.
p.s I believe Ppr's also have resin in them, which some people dont like because of danger to health.

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
The new TSRF tires will be more like the Ortmann and will be molded in the same mold as the ones currently used. The composition has some urethane and various kinds of silicon and they will be strictly of the slip-on kind. They are for use on plastic or glue-free wood.
Best regards,

Philippe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.