SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
As all of my posted Little Monte track photos were lost in the recent Photobucket debacle, here they are again, with some new ones to be added soon:

The beginning, trying out an idea.

IMG_1721.jpg

Then got a bigger shed and started extending the track!

IMG_2838.jpg

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2876.JPG

Then started filling in the gaps.

IMG_3000.JPG

IMG_3005.JPG

Until it was (nearly) all covered!

304429_3769905561933_1073523319_n.jpg

At this point, 2011, I got a little distracted and went on to other projects and very little work was done on the track until I hosted a stage of the 2015 Gentlemen Drivers 1/43 Carrera GO rally proxy:

IMG_5997.JPG

IMG_6089.JPG

In the next post I will show some of the building work that has been going on since then.

Regards, Lloyd

Attachments

·
Bob Chapman
6,918 Posts
That looks great Lloyd, and a good challenge.
It dosent appear to be more than 4 feet from the wall so a good use of space too.
Bob

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Thanks guys.

It is under 3' from the back wall Bob, it allows me to have 2 x 3' wide x 14' long layouts in the same shed.

I have not had a problem with cars falling off Steve, even before I added the small walls that it now has. The speeds are much lower than on a circuit, so the cars tend to spin rather than fall off.

I built it to be a challenge to drive, and it is certainly that!

Regards, Lloyd.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As with many layouts, I thought of the trackplan first and the buildings last! So I have to make the buildings fit in the available spaces, which are nothing like their positions in the village of Lantosque, which they are (loosely) based on!

A while ago I experimented with using corrugated card to make Meditterranian style roof tiles and was happy with the results. They looked even better after a couple of coats of terracotta paint.

IMG_0185.JPG

IMGP0624.JPG

IMGP0628.JPG

IMGP0625.JPG

As can be seen, these are just the bare buildings, yet to be detailed, and there are plenty more yet to be made.

IMGP0616.JPG

And plenty of sections with no buildings, but will have snow and people:

IMGP0622.JPG

IMGP0626.JPG

Regards, Lloyd.

Attachments

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
Lloyd

Thanks for going to the trouble of re-posting your rally track build after the Photobucket problems.

I love the early pictures with the track "suspended" in mid air and your textures in the rock face are so realistic, the village buildings are also superbly constructed with all the proportions and tricky angles expertly achieved.

David

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the kind words David. I decided to make a new thread rather than try to replace some of the old photos in other threads, so as to make it easier to follow. Especially if/when I get round to finishing the scenery!

The buildings have been made to fit he very limited space available, but I have followed the design character of real buildings as much as possible They are 1/50 scale, as 1/43 looked a little too large, and many of the layout's inhabitants are 1/50th, so need houses to suit them!

It was a lot of fun to drive on the 'suspended' track before the structures were put in place!

The problem with this track is that cars seem to need 'testing' round there when I should be working on it! The Falcon is a hoot when driven hard.

Cant wait to get the snow on there1

Regards, Lloyd

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have seen pictures of your Monte track many times but never realised just how long your track is, that is impressive!

Cheers

Aki

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
if i can figure out a place where to put it, it would have been already built!

but an international mountain rally proxy sounds great!

·
Prof I T
11,098 Posts
Hi

many thanks for taking the time to re post everything
thumbsup.gif
seeing those first pictures again bought the memories flooding back
cheers.gif

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Had the pleasure of driving on this track this afternoon, great fun,and getting in some practice for the proxy race in September . I hope that I can do justice to all the cars entered Cheers Steve

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not much I'm afraid Primed. I have done a lot of ;invisible' work, such as cleaning up the slots and smoothing out the rougher sections of road on the top bit.

I am holding the 2020 1/43 Little Monte Carlo Rally Proxy in May and need to finish a lot more of the scenery by then. I need to take up my friend Fluff's offer to help with the buildings as soon as we can get organized.

The layout is currently painted white, ready for new rock coloured paint and lots of snow.

We have had, seemingly, months of rain that has put me off getting much done, but I hope to be out there working early in the new year.

Regards, Lloyd.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts