Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, some time ago I showed the first part of my build of a 1/43 rally track. Although I completed it as far as getting it running and most of the rockface and some building carcasses in place, I have not done much on it for the last year or so. Maybe it is some kind of new years resolution, but I have now started work on it again. I have stripped off anything that wasnt screwed down, lifted the copper tape and sanded down the track so that I can see just what needs attention. This afternoon I made this rather unsteady video with a keyfob camera showing a warts and all view of what there is so far.

WARNING, dont watch this if you have a hangover. One day I will learn how to do proper videos!

Regards, Lloyd

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Great stuff Lloyd.
I always enjoy seeing your track.
Thanks for putting the vid on SF Deane.
Cheers,
Kev.

·
Joel LeNoir
952 Posts
Looking good Lloyd......Was working on your 70-73 camaro just today. Need to put stock fenders on her. Got the back looking pretty good. My Boss models fat fendered chaparral trans am series car and the mould you sent me is working out quite nicely to make a stock camaro.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Thanks all, it looks a bit of a mess at the moment, seeing it bare like that, but I have all that I need to complete it now and will post updates as I go along.

The first job is to fill and smooth those areas where I went a bit haywire with the router. The track has always driven ok, and being a rally stage I dont want it too smooth, but there is definitely room for improvement.

Then it will be to add some foliage and snow, repaint the roads and add the buildings and people. It's easy when you say it quick!

Thank's Joel, I look forward to running these:

Regards, Lloyd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts