SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I thought I would give a little update. Work has been killing me. lol
The Holidays are over and I,m trying to make some progress.
I changed my original Layout, its almost the same but I think this has better flow. ( 2 r-1 s gone)
I keep checking out everyone track, They are all awesome the workmanship is outstanding.
My track, someone told me to work in some elevation. I tried and this is what I came up with
It still nees alot of work, But the base or foundation is complete ( Baby steps) I am always up for sugestions.
I just want to know what you think

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi karlk455!
That seems to be a great track design. I think some curves in the hilly sections might be tricky, with the cars getting light on the break point?

I´d suggest a wide open scenery with few buildings, trees and clutter. And no bright green. But that´s my personal taste. What style do you have in mind?

Prost!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys. I will work on it more when I have the chance.
ninco_tom I don't think at this time I would go digital. I love the whole concept, maybe later on.

Black3sr The table size is 14ft long by 80% is 5ft , 20% 5 1/2 ft. I had to have access to the crawl space, also I wanted to be able to move around the table. I have a small space to work with, I think I maxed it out

Schauinsland The curves seem to flow nice, I tried to make it that way to slow down the cars ( take it easy)
a slow part of the track, then you have the fast part.
I want to try some scenery, a rookie of course, never did it before.
Buildings I will try to make a scratch garage out of some liteply and some balsa. I used to fly RC planes.
add a few Grand stands and of course some kind of clutter.
lastly no neon green

·
Registered
88 Posts
hi karlk...love the track
elevations look good too. Put a couple in mine (see earlier posting) but have since changed configuration. Track support is the key!!
I got rid of my crossovers as when racing my son I kept wearing his bumpers!!!! Really like the length of your track......keep us posted

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.