SlotForum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
R.E.F.
1,672 Posts

Really cool Keith !! - this is the future of slot racing- video up links- I'll be watching!!

i-ray

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Big thanks to Barney Poyner, Keith Tanaka, Dennis Samson, Nesta and everyone else at Buena Park yesterday for all their hard work, above and beyond the call of duty, in getting the Dynamic proxy show up and running.

Big well done, guys.

L.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Guys I wish I could say that the video came out good but no it just is not a good area for Verizon wireless hookup. Craig's wireless was running 2X faster at his house about 4 miles down the road but at BPR the race link was choppy and not fun to watch.

John Dillworth's Rigg can't seam to catch a break! The new motor shed a comm wire! Al your car needs major body work as well as Rocket 88 and Edo's body just keeps shattering parts! Dennis and I put it's back on last night and now the front came apart in 3-4 pcs.! We will do what we can before sending on. Everybody owes Dennis a BIG ATTABOY!

·
Doilum
975 Posts
Thanks Harvey

Yeah, the broadcast was choppy, but the monitor cam was a great idea.

So Blacklight suffered more body damage did she. Oh dear. May be J will allow her to be returned to me before mailing on to OZ (at my expense). That way I can fix her.

Great show.

Al.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Dennis is well known as a great guy on SlotForum, Barney, and has been for many years.
He now has one more eye-catching medal on his chest!

Edo's body was supplied by Jairus. Getting a replacement shouldn't be a huge deal.
The poor Kingie ...

Ralph, Rob, Gary and Howmet all had tough breaks. Thanks in advance for whatever you and Dennis can do to keep them on the road.

Regards,
L.

·
Doilum
975 Posts
This proxy certainly seems to be taking more out of the cars than the last one. We've only completed two races and have had 3DNFs, 2DNSs and a lot of bodywork damage. lol.

I wonder how many of the bold 26 will make it to the end.

Thanks again to all at BPR for a fantastic race event.

ATB
Al

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
A replacement body for Edo? Whatever happened to taping up what's left? (Geeze, you have no idea how many hours are in that darned thing....)

It was indeed a fantastic event. Why so many cars have had problems could be explained in that Rob, Ralph, Bob and Gary have never competed in one of our races in the past I think?!? Howmet on the other hand is just under some sort of black cloud apparently.

So next year we should use only TSRF sealed motors?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jairus, I saw Edo's car right after a crash and the front section of the body shattered into many small pieces. It was apparently very brittle.

Keith

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
FANTASTIC!
A wonderful event: what a pleasure to read about it and see Keith's movies (more, more please!).
Great to see ETron doing well on a King!
Many many THANKS to Barney and Dennis and all the racers at Buena Park, what an honor have the Legends drive our toys!
Dennis, please don't sweat fixing the Bullet's body, I'm going to ask Jairus if he can get and paint another one the same for the next races (if that is allowed by the rules, off course).
What a series, gentlemen!
E.
PS Jairus, you have mail!

·
R.E.F.
1,672 Posts

Edo, you need a body done in .015 thickness, very flexible/durable/lite
you know Noda's has the mold

i-ray

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
New body ordered from Electric Dreams. This one to be painted with acrylics only. (Really thought that the original was molded in Lexan!!!)
Ray, if you want to send me one of your Bullet bodies as my third body.... I will strongly consider using it instead?

J

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Ray and J.
up to you guys to use whichever body necessary to re-dress the EdoTron.
I'll be away for 10 days in the island of Corsica with Queen BB and my Duck (which has been acting capricious, may the Ducati Goddess pray for us

See you soon (hopefully).
Ciao for now
E
PS Thanks a million Keith (and Nesta) for the pics and the movies!!!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
FYI:
Received the Electric Dreams replacement "Bullet" body yesterday for edoTRON. Ray said he'll be pulling me three bodies this weekend, so sometime next week I can paint a replacement body for E's machine. I'll use the thicker body of the two.

On the other hand, I've begun building a replacement motor and Dynamic guide for "Replatron Dyna-Slider" just in-case. Both are to be shipped to Australia and placed in the travel box as quick repairs should the unthinkable happen. (simple bolt in with screwdriver, lead wires already attached)

I don't know if anyone remembers my "VonThingie" racer which competed in.... what was it? 2007 Proxy? Anyway, that race my motor contained a French arm, Arco magnets and Champion can and endbell. Yet even with sleeved spring posts the end bell melted mid race. I was mortified!
For '08 and '09 I stuck with 16d power afraid to use a 26d motor,... till now.
(Still have fingers crossed)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm waiting for parts Sir Dillworth and found why Blacklight had NO brakes. I talked to Mr. Bond and will replace the arm in his motor, zap the mags and replace the motor springs to get his motor running better. The endbell on the Rigg will be replaced and along with a new arm from H Power should get it moving again. I hope my 26D will last......? Good luck all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts