SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Alan Paterson
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one first?
Which are the most popular Bodies wanted.
Audi R181226.09%
Aston Martin LMP 11226.09%
Aston Martin AMR 136.52%
Rebellion Racing Lola B10/65919.57%
HPD ARX Courage36.52%
Pescarolo 01 Evo LMP 1715.22%

·
Alan Paterson
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi guys,

so in preperation for the arrival of these two LMP bodies that have been sent to me, I was hoping they'd be here this weekend, but no chance. So having spent some time R&D'ing them and looking at some Hi res Pics of them and the body design, I can see a number of possibilities for sure.
Naturally I need to draw up decalsets for many of the bodies which I haven't as yet built in any scale, but what is the general popularity poll for the first body out of this list?
Would anyone be brave enough to attempt the Matmut Racing Peugeot 908? Or the Pescarolo Liveries Peugeot? Would you pay for one already done?

For those of you who don't know, I have built a "test body" which is already on route to Nick at SCHORC, which is a white and red "test Porsche 962" that I want him to mount on a chassis, and give it a serious beating, to get a good understanding of the strength of this material I'm using. Wayne from Slotcar Mag is also going to take a good look at it and hopefully do a little writeup on the Website. As mentioned in one of the other threads, this is NOT resin, it's a semi-flexible 2 part Poly mixture, which when cured, is white, and can bend up to a certain degree before any signs of cracks or breaks occur. Naturally the thicker it is, the stronger it is, and the heavier it is. Naturally the longer Mega G bodies will weigh a little more, but should still be able to stand up to some serious punishment. I do not have a running track, so cannot do the testing myself.. Sure I could drop a brick on it in my workshop, or hit it with a hammer, but I don't think that's simulation at it's best..

So I'm interested to find out who wants what bodies for the Current LMP cars. From other talks here about Le Mans races, or Endurance races, it seems you want to try and narrow down the available selection to provide good look fields, and equally correct period bodies, which I've always agreed with as well. To provide a substantial livery list so there aren't too many duplications of bodies besides the regular 2 or 3 team cars, maybe set the time period to the last 5 years. That would allow cars from 2 or 3 years back to be elligable for an event, eg: the old Playstation Pescarolos, Peugeots, the Other Kolles racing Audi R10's, and so on. Hopefully after the tests have been completed, some clubs might put out a Le Mans Invitation event where these bodies are the difacto besides the standard issu Pug and Audi, which would present super realistic looking fields of cars. See Pic below as an example.

This was the Paddock lineup for a 1/24 event from a year or two ago..

Ok, so, submit your reply and let's see how it goes. I'm interested to see what the demand is.

cheers, enjoy the F1 from Hungary this weekend.

regards

Al

·
Registered
385 Posts
I for one can't wait to see these bodies I've got a load of 1.7 champ cars coming so would be nice to have some other bodies for them.

Cheers Wayne.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
QUOTE (montoya1 @ 30 Jul 2011, 15:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Voted.

Nick at SCHORC or Nick at DHORC?

TONY at SCHORC

QUOTE (asjwood @ 30 Jul 2011, 15:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>A wider selection of LMP bodies for the 1.7 Mega G could potentially make the field for next years AFX 6 hour a whole lot more interesting!

That was my thought exactly too

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
It is perhaps good timing that the 2012 6hr over here is almost exactly one year away. Plenty of time to get things lined up.

I have not spoken to the organiser of the 6hr in any depth about bodies for 2012, but given that the chassis will be the MG17 it stands to reason the AFX Peugeot 908 and Audi R10 will be on the list. By extention any body from the fastest class that raced around the same period as those two would more than likely be included too.

The key is going to be will the bodies be light and will they be easy to mount. Personally my lack of skills means I would only look at bodies with tabs included, but most of the teams proved at the last 6hr that they can cope. Having said that, the way AFX place their tabs is bloody genius, so if caster copied that....

Big, could you expand on how the bodies are made. As things stand the 6hr may exclude your bodies, but with 12 months to play with this need not be a big deal. Has Andyslots seen this thread does anyone know?

·
Alan Paterson
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Sorry, TONY at SCHORC.. (Nick who).

So 24 hours later, it seems the Audi is the most wanted car at present.. I wonder if that would be the same result if say, the R18's came nowhere at Le Mans this year??

Right then.. "Audri" it is as car number one from AP bodies. If the loaners arrive this coming week, I'd say we could have a prototype in 2 weeks time. Will keep you updated. Tony, let us all know how the SCHORC Test Porsche stands up to some "drive it like you stole it" racing ok.

cheers for now.

regards

Al

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
How did you know I drove like that

Will do, I will mount it over a Marchon chassis, used in our Modified class and put it out at the next club meeting in 2 weeks time

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
For test purposes it will be on a Marchon 1.7" chassis, there being no chassis mounts on the body, any chassis can be fitted!

It is to prove the strength of the body

·
Alan Paterson
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Lee,

Checked the Post office on my way to work today, no luck yet. So as soon as I've got the incoming bodies, I'll replenish the Silicone stock and get to it. I've gathered enough drawings and Pics to see what needs to be done where, so shouldn't be too difficult by my reckoning.

I do however need someone's help from over there again. Is there a local Decal Paper Supplier in the UK you can point me in the direction of? I need a couple of sheets of CLEAR Inkjet Waterslide Decal paper, I only have white back paper here. These Audi's have some bits which are the black Audi Rings on the Silver background, which I've done before, but need the clear paper for Injet printers. So hopefully someone might know where, or perhaps has 2 sheets I can buy from them, and you can post them to me in an envelope..

Thanks in advance. Will keep you updated on the arrival of the two loaners.

Cheers.

regards

Al

1 - 20 of 30 Posts