SlotForum banner

LO-RIDERS.. "Show And Shine"

2K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Miker 
#1 ·
Hi there all...

From a previous post.. "Sig" wants me to put on a "show and shine" of some of my "slot car" Lo-Rider conversions..

Here they are.... Muscle Cars, Pickup Trucks, Vans, plus a good old "British" '60s Classic..

Hope you like them..

All the best.. Martin.

And Finally... A British '60s Classic.. The Ford MK3 Zodiac..

See less See more
#7 ·
Amazing,

Can you break down some of the cars explaining make, model etc.

The vans and the cherry red car are amazing.

Thanks

Colin

#8 ·
Hi there all..

Thank you for all your comments, very much appreciated..

Colin (Wraith)..
As requested, details of the cars (from what I can remember) starting from the top photo.

'56 Cadillac convertible... Started out as a '60s Revell model kit. Very modified early Scalextric chassis (motor is mounted in the boot area) Scalectric drift car wheels and tyres. Paintwork by myself.

'65 Chevy Impala... Started out with an original 60s IMC slot car body, unfortunately the rear arches had been cut out to fit larger wheels/tyres, so I decided to remake the rear qtr panels/arches with plasticard and make it into a Lo-Rider. Modified Scalextric Chassis, F1 wheels and tyres. Paintwork by myself, plus "Elvis" driving..

'69 Camaro Trans-Am Car... Started out with a Hornby plastic kit. Car is based on an actual car, which races in the Historic Trans-Am events in North America. Modified Slot-It chassis, NSR Clio wheels. Gulf livery paintwork by myself (pain to do). This car was built for a Trans-Am event, it is fast, handles well, and is driven hard, great fun..

Red "Bling" Camaro... Body started out as a R/C car. Modified Scalextric chassis, original wheels (fitted with "very" low profile rubber tyres) and original paintwork.

Blue Pickup... Started out as a roof damaged Ninco "Pro-Truck" body. Decided to build a roof chop/lo-rider pickup truck. Chassis, wheels and tyres are from a Scalextric LMP car. Paintwork by myself.

Gold Ford F100 pickup... Body started out as a R/C car. Modified Scalextric Range Rover chassis, wheels and tyres. Original paintwork and graphics.

Black Chevy Silverado pickup... Body started out as a R/C car. Modified Scalectric Skyline chassis, wheels and tyres. Original paintwork and graphics.

"Vanpire" Dodge Van... Started out as an early "Snap-tite" kit (I think MPC). Modified Scalextric LMP chassis, wheels/tyres. Paintwork and graphics by myself.

Ford "Supervan"... Started out as a "kids" toy plastic ambulance (20p at a boot sale) As you can see, the body is very modified, including a roof chop, front and rear wheel arches, etc. Modified Fly sidewinder chassis. Paintwork and graphics by myself.

'63 Ford Zodiac MK3... Started off as a Resin bodyshell. Modified Scalextric chassis. Paintwork by myself.

All the best.. Martin.

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
wow excellent stuff there boss!, loving them all,even more interesting for the info you told us. watch out you might be staring a craze...now i want to do a roof chop!!..just need a doner. managed to get another millimetre off the front of the gto, looks a little better now, goes tons better than before
cheers sig
ps loving the disc brake detail also

#10 ·
Thank you Sig... So pleased you liked them..

All the best.. Martin.

#14 ·
Hi there Mike...

The Mustang looks great, "Nice and Low". The wheel inserts look excellent.
If you have any others, dont worry about hijacking the thread, open to all Lo-Riders, please post them..

I would love to see them, as I am sure others on the forum would as well..

All the best.. Martin.

#16 ·
Mike...Super Cool Charger, love the wheels..

Martin.

#17 ·
Cheers Martin

Here's the rest, varying states of completion!
Carrera Ford Torino Talladega, NASCAR livery delete, pcs chassis, slot.it gears and mb.slot wheels

2 Carerra Road Runners, NASCAR livery delete and different wheels + added stripes,

Carrera Hemi 'Cuda with '32 Ford Hot Rod wheels,

and finally a Scalextric BMW Mini done as a John Cooper works, slot.it wheels, inserts and running gear and a pcs chassis, slightly modded body and repainted,

That's it, would love to see anyone elses work.

Cheers,

Mike

#19 ·
Mike...

Excellent collection of cars, thanks for showing them..

I especially like the Black Carrera Hemi "Cuda"... With those wheels on, it sure looks the business...

All the best.. Martin.

#21 ·
No probs Darren

where it came from, probably from a slot car fair, most likely Orpington. It started as the 25714 metallic purple with yellow stripes up front and the jacked up rear end. That was just done by spacers so I removed those while dismantling the car, stripped the paint (it turned out to be black underneath) added a couple of silver stripes and bare metal foiled the rest of the trim, and changed the wheels. Really should get those door mirrors put back on

Cheers,

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.