SlotForum banner
221 - 240 of 279 Posts

· Registered
250 Posts
Tiny freezer, lids of course slide, they’re out in this image in front of the bain-maree. I’ll add tiny ice creams later. Also a cash register. Cash register doesn’t work, bain-maree will not keep food hot either.
I don't think you're trying hard enough mate,

I want my Drumsticks ice cold mate and how am I going to pay if it's only a dummy cash register. You might need an EFTpos machine on the counter so we can tap and go.

Great work, I love your attention to detail.

· Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
Progress on the pit building. I haven’t quite decided on the bottom level yet so it hasn’t progressed just yet. The rest is ready for windows and outer window frames
Wood Shade Building Roof Beam

Flag Naval architecture Urban design Shade Toy

Engineering Gas Wood Machine Plant

Infrastructure Urban design Architecture Line Asphalt

Building Shade Urban design Outdoor furniture Wood

the pitched roof on level one wasn’t initially planned, the brain electricity buzzed in that direction and suddenly it was there.
It’s a very complex shape, or would be should it be measured up first. Luckily rather than working complicated angles out with maths I used a pointy blade, a pencil and a metal rule.

· Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #238 ·
Cheers!

Work is slowing me down a bit at the moment and AusPost is really slow, i'm still waiting for my parcel to arrive, it's a week overdue so far and hasn't moved since it arrived in Victoria almost a week ago. I can't finish the building until said package arrives so on my weekend i may consider cracking out the decal paper to add some details.

For this layout build I like to post the progress as a go. I used to post a few of my 1/32 builds and my old track on Auslot until photobucket went dumb and adding images that forum became painful. Since then I'm used to just doing my own thing and keeping it to myself until it was pointed out that others may like to see what i'm doing. My Plafit 1/24 cars are a good example of this.

· Registered
114 Posts
Well some of us appreciate the progress updates as you go! I know about the slow progress and life getting in the way... sometimes I can't see myself finding time to ever get back to the track, but it's still there waiting for me... so post away!

· Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #240 ·
I got grumpy with the shipping delay yesterday and drove to Metro Hobbies to get some styrene. The beauty of this was that on the way home I received notification that my two week late parcel was arriving that day, so now I have plenty of styrene. Well, I ran out of one type so I need to go out yet again but that should be a local hobby shop job. Metro Hobbies in Dandenong had no slot cars! Sad times.
I haven’t finished the windows on the pit building yet, instead I made the new gantry and some stairs. Still a work in progress, and some technical issues slowed things up - namely a desire to remove the single led-diode timing and use a led light strip instead, which is shallower. The issue was the spread of light prevented the middle lane from firing. Under the gantry I have fitted some concave styrene to help focus the light towards the timing diodes. Onto this I will glue aluminium foil. To test the concept I used a trimmed price of a Christmas wrapping tube and found it effective. I’m sure there are easier ways, this is my way.

Hood Line Automotive exterior Wood Flap
Wood Engineering Flooring Leisure Triangle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Car Vehicle Wheel Infrastructure Tire

Wood Engineering Machine Metal Scale model

221 - 240 of 279 Posts