SlotForum banner
241 - 260 of 279 Posts

· Registered
2,809 Posts
Fantastic attention to detail, it'll really suit a wide range of cars, modern and period classic, I'd love to see Can am cars running around.
If it's any consolation our UK post and couriers are having severe delays at the moment as well.

· Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
Can Am? I have a few, not a huge field though I’m sure the following can finish with a Mclaren Lola Porsche type shot.
I decided yesterday that I would put a plaster footing in for the gantry, but then I got inspired and this happened…

24 hours ago
Road surface Asphalt Grass Sidewalk Composite material

It just didn’t look right in place so I got the strippers in?
Wood Composite material Engineering Gas Rectangle

Infrastructure Automotive tire Asphalt Road surface Urban design

Wood Gas Composite material Engineering Pipe

Composite material Gas Automotive tire Engineering Asphalt

Filled in some holes, lost the old grass, there’s no going back…

· Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #248 ·
As it stands this afternoon. I need to finish painting the gantry and glue the lighting into the gantry, then this bit is good for now.
The real issue with this is the pewter Armco. This is not an area that sees impacts, but if it does it will be messy. I figure I should get a few fun hits in before it gets tedious and messy.
Road surface Asphalt Automotive tire Urban design Sidewalk

Road surface Infrastructure Asphalt Race track Vehicle

Floor Field house Flooring Wood Naval architecture

Transport hub Vehicle Road surface Asphalt Watercraft

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt Urban design Automotive design

As you can see I also fitted Armco on the control side.

· Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
The Armco looks great, I must agree. For the longest time I’ve been wondering how to do Armco that both looks good and lasts. The pewter has become hard to get atm in Australia plus with postage it’s about $30aud per metre if I could get it. I’ve tried steel shim in the past and found it too stiff to get any curve, and cutting up drink cans can be trying of my patience. I found 10 a4 sheets of .1mm aluminium for $30aud delivered, that’s about $3aud per metre of tedious time consuming work that is worth the effort. The new Armco replaces the Nismo balsa fence on the inside of the banking on turn one. There will be more to come when more styrene is procured for fence posts.

Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Automotive design

Plant Water Water resources Boat Road surface

Tire Plant Car Wheel Vehicle

Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Plant

looks much better. Note the last image where the Armco finishes isn’t finished, I ran out of the 3/16 styrene tube I’m using to mount the styrene to the posts.

· Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 ·
I found an appropriate font in ms word, adjusted the size to suit and printed it onto paper. The time consuming part was to then cut out the letters to make a nice stencil. I sprayed a mix of water and surfactant onto the scenery surface and placed the stencil down, then dabbed base interior paint with a blunt brush. Once complete I removed the stencil, touched up any errors and where the centre supports for the d&o’s were and sprinkled with some white/grey ballast stones. It’s not perfect nor should it be.

Plant Road surface Asphalt Grass Handwriting

Road surface Textile Asphalt Font Grass

· ParrotGod
12,602 Posts
Man, that is really cool.
I was looking at liveries for my next Bentley, and I found this particular picture:

And I thought it would be cool if i could recreate this view in a layout...Yours is a step in this direction.

241 - 260 of 279 Posts