SlotForum banner
261 - 279 of 279 Posts

· Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #265 ·
I grew up watching 64 mustangs in appendix j and then group N/Nb, they were the best car in my favourite category so I had to get one. This livery pleases me the most, so the Australian connection is simply a bonus.
I read complaints about motors hopping loose, and whilst this indeed is the case with this car, some glue, tyre trueing and maybe some weight should make it a very decent runner.

· Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #269 ·
Armco gradually going in on the banking. I always wanted a sketchy slim Armco barrier around here but wasn’t sure how to make it happen. The inspiration here is 60’s Fuji speedway and 60’s NASCAR. The high impact areas are backed in the same fashion as the barriers in front of the pit garage. I still need to airbrush the Armco to settle the colour down, which I’ll do in the next day or two.
As you’ll see I’ve airbrushed the outer edge of the track to be more specifically blue with some mildly grey clouds over the original generic splotchy blue & white. I live in Melbourne so grey clouds and rain on one side of the track and bright sunlight on the other would be quite appropriate.

out with the old…
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Urban design Landscape

original fence posts where glued to the outer edge so once they were removed holes drilled appropriately 9mm deep with 12cm spacing
Automotive tire Infrastructure Road surface Asphalt Urban design

…and in with the new. 27 lengths of Armco made, all with a gentle curve. I may be in trouble for stealing the clothes oegs
Infrastructure Road surface Asphalt Race track Thoroughfare

the structure is again styrene. Here you can see the reinforcement to maximise the lifespan of the fence. The fence posts are press fit so there should be some shock absorption soon impact.
Automotive tire Infrastructure Asphalt Road surface Urban design

· Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #270 ·
Break out the airbrush and have a play. I’m very happy with the outcome.
Automotive tire Asphalt Road surface Race track Urban design

Again with the pegs. In my sleep depraved state I inadvertently glued all the Armco lengths not only to themselves but to the posts as well. My plan was to glue the Armco together in three seperate spans, remove them and airbrush before glueing to the posts. Oh well, now I make it difficult for myself.
Asphalt Automotive tire Urban design Landscape Road

here it is ready for paint. I need to order yet more styrene to bring the Armco around from this corner to past the second banking. I may aLao add a sponsor hoarding here to add depth.
Automotive tire Asphalt Road surface Plant Urban design

· Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #273 ·
I’m getting better on the airbrush 6 months into owning a non garbage one, I have a lot to learn!

I’ve run out of styrene again for barrier supports so an order from Hearns Hobbies should arrive within the week. I normally use Metro Hobbies but I seem to have already purchased their entire stock of my selected sizes. So for now an update pic or two
This is as far as the Armco goes on the banking. It will go until the exit of the next banked corner and that should be about enough for the Armco.
Plant Infrastructure Asphalt Urban design Landscape

now as background for the (now lit) garage.
Asphalt Automotive tire Road surface Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

· Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #275 ·
Oh right, I also put a floor in the garage, that way the building is more stable for raising and lowering doors and I can glue bits to the floor exactly where I want them and not have a mess when the track cops a good bump.

· Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #278 ·
Thanks for the kind words :)

More Armco now complete. I don’t intend to do more Armco at this time. I have cracked out the airbrush to get that darker sky blue going on in the background. I’ll do the whole outside edge of the track in time, however as wooden barriers are glued to the edges I may mask the barriers or remove them and refit after paint. Neitheroption is ideal. Anyway, photos.

the point of this image is the background. The Armco and blue background finish off the image nicely
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

1/24 Hakasuka up on the banking showing off all that Armco.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Car

Finally a rude man in the crowd. Old mate’s hand was broken off so I replaced it with freedom ;)
My figure painting is improving, just keep on practicing!
Arm Automotive tire Water Gesture Leisure

261 - 279 of 279 Posts