SlotForum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a few SCX tilting cars and most of them suffer body - tyre contact when cornering.

Does anyone have a fix for this? I'm not sure that my idea of gluing the motor cradle to the chassis is the right way to go. I suppose that even limiting the tilt would be fine, if it's feasable.

TIA
Stuart

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
There are lots of solutions to the problem. The easiest would be to place a large square of duct tape or that tape with resin fibres through it on the bottom of the chassis to help limit movement.

cheers
rick1776

·
David Collins
2,364 Posts
At Wellingborough we commonly put tape (hazard tape, like you use to clean your tyres) across the motor pod under the chassis to limit and dampen the amount of rock. It's generally accepted to be a performance enhancement, but the effect will be different on each chassis. A simple thing to try and test. But perhaps sanding your tyres down, and moving the wheels just slightly inboard (trimming the axle length might be necessary for this) would also be worth looking at.

David

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
We use two strips of styrene plastic glued to the chassis and the end sit on the bearing blocks,they tend to act as springs and limit the movement.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I've used duct tape, but the movement varies between individual cars, I've got 2 Barracudas and one has more movement than the other.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone.

Tore, I'm liking your solution. Having said that, I'll probably have a go at putting something under the bearing brackets.

Yet again, the solutions are obvious. Why is it I can stare at something for hours and not see what I need to? I post on here and within a short time the answer I should have come-up with for myself is given to me.

Cheers
Stuart.

·
Registered
181 Posts
QUOTE (StuBeeDoo @ 29 Oct 2011, 11:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks everyone.

Tore, I'm liking your solution. Having said that, I'll probably have a go at putting something under the bearing brackets.

Yet again, the solutions are obvious. Why is it I can stare at something for hours and not see what I need to? I post on here and within a short time the answer I should have come-up with for myself is given to me.

Cheers
Stuart.
It is the collective

1 - 8 of 8 Posts