SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Absolutely no experience of SSD so apologies if this is a dumb question.

- Is it possible to lock the flippers in an SSD pit entry/exit in either direction?

- If so how easy is it to swap directions? I don't need to do it often so manual swapping is O.K.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Reads like you could be thinking along similar lines to me. Short track/long track, similar idea to Brands Hatch????

I asked a similar question here a while ago, and got the following reply........

QUOTE (dJomp @ 18 Jun 2011, 22:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You could disconnect the electronic gubbins and move the flipper manually if you wanted.

Or potentially you could rewire the electronic gubbins to a switch to change the flipper...? Not sure how but I imagine it would be possible.

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
Hi
or solder a piece of rod onto the underside of the flipper and maybe use of magnets may prove usefull .

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (StuBeeDoo @ 26 Jul 2011, 20:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Reads like you could be thinking along similar lines to me. Short track/long track, similar idea to Brands Hatch????

I asked a similar question here a while ago, and got the following reply........

You've got it - long flowing track with twisty rally loop. I want to be able to run a long open track but occasionally add a rally style extension with tight turns, elevation and surface changes. The long track stays down full time and the rally track gets laid out whenever. I suppose I could just break into the main track but the SSD pit entry/exit pieces seem to offer a more elegant solution.

I had thought of wiring up the flipper mechanism to a simple supply and just use a normally open/closed arrangement for loop or no loop. Are the actuators simple solenoids and what voltage do they work at?

MrFlippant's idea of tape seems like a good starting point though, might give that a try before I get too carried away.

Thanks for the answers so far.

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
Hi
just normal solenoids and are rated to 16v max.

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
The solenoids are designed for momentary power, if you power it from a separate supply and leave it on it will glow hot, melt your track and possibly cause a fire. The magnet idea sounds a good option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts