SlotForum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ric Woods
817 Posts
Really looking forward to it! It should be a good one.

Mooster

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
A few people have been asking me for directions to the Crofton Halls, so here is a link to multimap.

map

if you can't access the map, here are some directions.

I guess most people wiil be arriving from the M25, so take junction 4 from here, only one way off the motorway so you should not make a wrong turn!
At the next roundabout take the A224, direction Orpington.
keep going until you see the A232, turn left and go on till the next roundabout, straight across here, under the railway bridge and you will see the station on the right, look past the station and you should see the Crofton hall complex, car park is at the rear of the building and there will be signs to the entance for the show.
10 minutes max. from the motorway

Looking forwards to seeing anyone from the forum.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Are there pictures of the meet, sounds like a bit of a do.. actually it's got to be more exciting that looking at rubber grommets all day
tired now

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Went along yesterday, really enjoyed the swap meet.

I met Mooster purchasing his very fast Fly cars and the like, also Jexy1 who was busy running the NSCC stand.

Me? I went along with a strict budget, purchased 2 cars, one a Fly Lancia now completing the line up and a little Abarth which is superb!

I spent most of time rummaging through spare part boxes with the intention of restoring some of my older cars. The variety of spares you can locate is incredible - if you are prepared to look. I found that it really does pay off with a bit of patience, as I managed to locate a variety of parts to repair & replace parts long broken or lost.

The good news, I can now restore some sadly neglected cars to near how they left the factory.

Looking forward to next meet, these are addictive.

Jamie

P.S. A winter swapmeet Nov time sounds a good idea (its a long wait between Sept and Feb!
)

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, Jamie.

If any one else was there and you have any comments, complaints, suggestions etc. for future swapmeets it would be appreciated if you left some feedback.

This was my first swapmeet and I think I got it about right, but any thoughts on how to make it better would be great.

I can now confirm for the 18th December and for July 9th next year, in future years I will try and make these the regular dates, early July and late December.

·
Ric Woods
817 Posts
Yep, I think you got it about right too, Phil. I had a great time, picked up a few bargains, and spent too much money to the point that I only just had enough left to get back through the Dartford Tunnel. To be honest, I can't think of any criticisms at all - parking space was a bit limited, but there again that's not your fault, I should have got there earlier and the walk from where I did get parked probably did me good. Looking forward to the next one, well done!

Mooster

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
Yea, not much I can do about the parking, if there had only been the slotcar show on it would have been better, but there was also a phone card fair and childrens party in the other smaller halls.

There is another car park down near the High street , but it is a bit of a walk! still as you say a bit of exercise never hurt you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts