SlotForum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Bout 8 from Phoenix will be there on Thurs. I`ll have me shorts on and club T shirt (blue with Jonny S on reverse) so say hello and we`ll have a natter
Be good to see any SF member. Question is? When will the Moped appear?

·
Martin Kay
728 Posts
I'm there Friday afternoon, my first visit, looking forward to it!

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Thursday for me, too!

Not long now!

Mr.M

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way, but what a useless show it must be from an industry point of view. Are any of you actually in the toy trade, i.e. have a legitimate reason to be there?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Yep but I keep my other hat away from slots. I`m as interested in the `dark side` as I am in slots.

ATTENTION THURSDAY GUYS!!! Meet by Scalex stand at 12 mid day maybe, drift and have a coffee nearby to Scaley stand and have a natter?

·
Registered
62 Posts
is the toy fair this weekend??? Is this the biggest one where we will get to hear and see what the slot car companies will be offering us in the future??

brian

·
John
1,340 Posts
I'll be there friday all day.

Stuff the coffee!

There's business to be done........let's hit the bar!

Oh and yes i'm legit too!

Cheers
John

PS scaley stand at 12.30 for lunch?

Look for the big babboon..... not that should read balloon.

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
QUOTE Are any of you actually in the toy trade, i.e. have a legitimate reason to be there?

Tenuous reasons more like.

Still best of luck to you and to them. Why they don't open it up to all and have separate 'trade only' days I don't understand - it would boost the coffers no end.

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Oh boy!

Am I legitimate!

Says right here on my letter "Sales Assistant".

Definitely assisted sales in my local shop for the last twelve years!

Anyway, any Tom, Dick and/or Harry can get in if they part with a tenner. They won't get much joy from the reps, though, not without these UK Buyers badges.

Mr.M

Nasty thing, jealousy, can really tear a man up!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
It's probably 'trade only' to exclude kids. Can you imagine the pandemonium if it was full of 3-7 year olds wanting to play with everything and crying their eyes out because you can't buy stuff? (except by the container load!)

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Correction to my earlier post!

It is now £15 to get in but you will have to supply a business card and register with the organisers.

And absolutely nobody under the age of 12 is allowed in.

Mr.M

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
I used to go every year and then one-by-one the companies I wanted to see stoped attending, culminating in Hornby.

But it would appear they are back so I'll be back from 2006 onwards.

Could one of you look out for anything in H:O scale and let me know about it?

Cheers - dw

1 - 17 of 17 Posts