Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI there!

I registered for the forums a while back as I've been thinking about getting a Scalextric digital set for a couple of years. I was a bit hesitant as I've not played Scaley since I was a kid and it's a lot of money to shell out. Well after finding some cash hidden down the back of the sofa, I've made the jump and am now the proud owner of the Scaley Digital Race Line set.

I've got my eye on upgrading to a 6 car powerbase in the new year, but in the meantime I'd like to add a few bits to my set to make it a bit more interesting.

Does anyone have recommendations for cars that would complement the two Jaguar XKRs included with my set? I'd like to get a few cars that would race in the same class in real life if possible. (Always annoyed me to see an old banger overtaking a Lamborghini on the old analogue sets! Must be my OCD!)

Also, I've seen a lot of people using the track designer software on here. Where can you get that from please? I'd like to use it to work out what track pieces to get next.

Cheers and nice to meet everyone.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Hi 88,
Welcome to the fold, well done for finally making your first post.

Out of the box, most Scalextric cars are of similar speed so not much change there for you. When you do go for the APB then it is possible to use a PC and Andy's SSDC to control the cars better or have something like RichG's Display-Pro which works without a PC ....

There are several Track Layout programs around but I would advise you leave the Scalextric one well alone

Good luck on your quest ... you will have lots of fun on your travels

All the best - Greg

·
Circuit Owner
5,889 Posts
Hello 88 and welcome!

Are your XKRs the super resistant or high detail versions? The super resistant ones have blacked out windows and no cockpit.

You probably need to match these with similar super resistant or high detail cars as the high details cars are a little heavier, slower and prone to damage.

Similar racers to the XKR would be the Porsche GT3, the BMW M3 GTS, Aston Martin DBRS9, Audi R8, Nissan GT-R, Gallardo LP600 GT3, Ferrari 458 (or 430), McLaren MP4-12C GT3, Merc SLR McLaren 722 GT or Merc SLS AMG GT3.

Scalextric do some but not all of these.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts