SlotForum banner

Long time lurker, first time poster.(Stoney Creek)

65K views 525 replies 43 participants last post by  MJE 
Hi Nik

You have a nice track there and a good sized one.

I really liked the grand stand.......

As for your tree................... Hmmmmmmmmmmm. For a close up, excellent. Bet it look's perfect from a distance.... I alway's find close-up's of small object's are so enlarged with a photo that one get's to see all the fault's (even the one's you never noticed under the magnifier).

Very impressed with the tree.

Michael.

Hi Nik.....

What paint are you using ? I use VALLEJO acrylic's and they are made for "hand-painting". Have a high pigmentation and will "over-cover" in one coat, in most instances.
(Something I need, because of my shaky hands)

I tend to paint with the same meathod you seem to.... Start with the first colour and then proceed "as they come" !

My good lady alway's start's with the skin..... (She's my eye's............ Well, she paint's them.)

Everyone has their own "system" and I find Bob's way, too boring. I like to see them finished and not on a production line. Again, my Misses tend's to do as Bob does. {She get's more done than me!}

PM me re; the paint's and I'll try and help.

Michael.

PS. Now you see why I tend to charge as much as I do for the painted figure's and I'm sure I don't make £1.00 an hour.

QUOTE..... But I'm enjoying the learning process, and I'm happy with the end results at present.

I can inform you, you never stop learning. Your figure's look really nice by the way.... I forgot to mention that.

I also Like your "show-case" I really must get around to making one or two myself.

Back to the paint's..... Vallejo are designed for BRUSH PAINTING and don't leave brush marks etc.

I've tried quite a few different makes and like the CITADEL too. Made by Vallejo I believe. I prefer the Vallejo as they come in "ink dropper" bottle's, where Citadel come in pot's.

The Vallejo Surface Primer's are really good (we use mainly the grey 73.601) very smooth. I also use Winsor & Newton GALERIA (round short) paint brushes. They are about a fiver each but worth it for small sizes 0 - 1 - 2 and if you're feeling flush #3 as well.

Hope that's useful information.

Michael.

Everytime I go on someone's thread, like this.............

I end up with more work !

I'm not even going to sign my name, this time....

And you had the cheek to ask where I'd been as you'd not seen me on the Forum..... Huuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I think a name change would be wrong......

One get's familiar with certain title's popping up and checking out new up-date's.

You change the name, you loose the thread......

I never realised STONY CREEK was spelt wrong...... (What's new?) BUT If it's a fictisious place having the name spelt that way seems a good idea to me....

Plus, I would guess if it was say a 49er's 'Gold Town' spur of the moment here today - gone tomorrow type place, I guess spelling would not of been too high on their list... So could be more authentic than at first considered.

Well you guy's do as you want..... I never knew there was a E in STONY anyway......

How about STONIE

I think what you have is a good title, especially for anyone new taking a look. It show's how you (and they could) progress.

The title "Tell's a Story" and the thread "Tell's another Story". I personally feel it should be left alone.....

If you want, why not start another thread called STONEY CREEK but what's that really say..... Just another race track.... (No offense ment to anyone, just making a point.)

I think you should be proud of the title, especially as it's grown to 12 pages.....

Not bad for "A first time lurker making a poster" !!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Michael as alway's...... Derrrrrrrrrr

BTW, how are you making out with your "Pit Girls"?

Thank you for asking....... How long have I got ?

I've received a "Test-fit" sample. Accepted and given the go ahead for the printing. (3D printing for those "not in the know") Which I hope to receive by Tuesday 11th. I've yet to figure (get it) out price's and how to "market" (posh word for SELL) them. I can produce 54 different variation's and that's before we paint them!

Below are a couple of picture's of "test-fit" sample......

I have to say, this is one of the best figure's I have ever seen and I've seen a lot. By best I mean quality of finish and fit.

One final point. This sample is in medium quality. Mine will be printed in highest quality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.