SlotForum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Racing old F1cars means you break spoilers and pay lots for 1980's cars with spoilers. As a trial I has Alex at AOTRS Shipyard on the Shapeways site make me these. They are in Strong White Flexible using the new "polished" material. Not really polished but they are much smoother. These are racing spares not models as the foil is a bit thicker and no slot at the top and not quite the same shape but at racing distance they are perfect. Fitted my car with no fitting.

I may be able to arrange supply some via the shipyard (Shapeways min order $ 25 US), or small numbers 1 to 15 via me for about £2 each but postage will be about £1.5 regardless of number ordered, even more to the world, proably best ordered via shapeways as thier min order includes postage world wide I think). PM me if interested. May take a few days to reply as I am on holiday now for a few days. Not has time to crah one yet but we expect them to be as strong or stronget than the original.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/.../in/photostream

Ps looking at the pictures again please note, despite the looks the basic dimentions are the same Foil width, length and depth of end plates etc.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Added the paint and it looks OK. Where to get (UK) cheap decal print paper and is it easy to apply? Also which font to use for the Elf. Which cars use the same foil? I couls get lots of spoiler less cars cheap and still race them using mine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts