SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
G'Day
I've got a chassis like that under MRRC Ferrari 250LM clubman kit I bought about 26 years ago. I only recently rediscovered it while clearing out to move house. Once we are settled in here inthe new house I will build it up. I gave the chassis a brief run just before moving. It went OK but the tyres are rock hard. Anyone know where I could get some replacements?
Cheers Alan

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what that chassis is and, even if I were, still would not be certain of the wheels, as they might not be originals. I would guess that anyone who provides tyres for old Revell and Monogram is very likely in a position to provide suitable tyres for that, but they would still need to know exactly what the wheels are. I bet BWA/Al Penrose will know, but so might a few others.

In the worst possible case, where no one can identify them, all is never lost, because some of the silicone tyre makers will cast new silicones directly onto the wheels - for a certain number of sheckels, of course. But, if of a mind to learn, you could do that yourself.

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
That looks like a K Mk1 motor/chassis from the early 60's - Goes quite well - usually - thousands of them were sold back then as they were the basis of the motors used in the thin 60's F1's

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi

That bit is my favorite way to motorize a 60s f1 car. Very effective bit in that application. I have seen different wheels on this one and cannot tell from the photos which are on there.
Usually in the rear you can use "Indy Grips Riggen Replacement tires" if they are old style deep dish type rims. Most of the ones I have seen use "taperlock" mounts as well, a source of aggrivation.
Fate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts