SlotForum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what really has been released that is new and has been good enough to really rant and rave about?

so much was promised, so little was delivered.

anyone for -
Slot it 962c?
SRP DeTomaso Pantera (I still SOO want this car!)
a host of Fly cars including the alfa 147 (which I do like)

then when stuff did eventually arrive, it wasnt anything good, vipers still ruled the roost for maged Gt cars, the scx R8 pushed but the scx badge put people off.

the DTM's a new chassis, it's been done before.

What am I looking for? I dont know to be honest. Everything seems run of the mill, magnuts are everything, speed is everything. Ninco have released Jack s!!7.
What is happening? I found out the fly vipers have finished production now.

rant over

roll on 2004 bring me SRP, bring me the floods of cars of 2002, bring me the best of what you have, no lectronic garbage. Proper slot cars!

Rob.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Good thread,

Inte, I agree with your sentiments regarding slotcars going "back to basics" rather than becoming quicker and more stuck down - interesting point you made concerning the Fly Viper, despite its age, still the car to beat.

Moving on, wouldn't it be great if Ninco re-released some of their back catalogue? However, this time tampo printed, keepng the original mechanics (well they worked) i'm sure that would be a winner. I appreciate that it'll never happen, but nice thought though.

2003 has been my first year back in slotcars from a 7 year break, I have been playing 'catchup' and never once stuck for choice, a small point but interestingly, very rarely regretted a purchase.

I feel 2003 has been an amazing year for slotcars, surprised to see that you feel different (no harm in that
) the level of detail, quality and pricing (value for money) has been immense.

Next year, looking forward to the BMW and Daytona, Moto GP's also the VMG 70's F1's - there are loads! I can't wait.

Best wishes, Jamie.

P.S. Ahh I see what you mean about the De Tomaso Pantera GTS

It doesn't appear the most detailled car, quite retro but I like it (alot).

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love that car, I am on a mission to find out where it is and if I can get hold of one.

Jamie it's been a great year for people like yourself getting back into the hobby but for those who have been around and have got the cars they want, a different perspective is taken. you will find cars are multiplied because cars can be affordable to anybody now, people just spend almost regardless (yes I admit it) I was browsing pendle before and had to literally stop and close the browser, because I was ordering stuff, I simply dont need it, just order for the hell of it.

Thank the lord that we arent all the same, how boring would that be? you'd have messageboards full of scalex news or full of negativity!

Rob

·
Registered
119 Posts
2003 has been an excellent year for people like me that like to drive, as well as race, models of classic cars. We've had MMK, Proto, Dapretto (sp?), Le Mans Miniatures and Racer bring out some stunning model race cars, and I think 2003 was their first year for all of them. We've also seen some individual kits like greenman's Allard (must try to get one in 2004) and Noisey Muse's Javelin. Slot Classic continues to deliver highest quality cars. MRRC delivered a Toyota and some of their Clubman kits made a welcome return. It would seem that these manufacturers' very welcome contribution to the hobby is often overlooked.

What surprises me is how or why the major manufacturers still seem to copy each other and release similar models. Is there a pub or something where their planning people all gather and talk?

And lastly, why do so few of the major manufacturers actively participate in forums like these? Surely it MUST be part of any Marketing person's job to actively solicit feedback and ideas.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have returned to slot cars in 2003 after too many years; I was astounded by the quality and quantity of the models on the market; yes, as in our every day life we want always more and more and better things, but too many good cars will be a problem.
We are as children in a toy store : we want everything on the shelves, and it's very dangerous for our hard earned money!

Ciao

1 - 8 of 8 Posts