SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ave, Slot Fiends!

Like the title states I'm looking to buy a couple of Slot Classic Morgan SSss... My usual connection, Pendles appears to be sold out.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Greenman62

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
I checked "Slot classics", Derek Copper and Phil Smith's web sites.

It looks like the Lemans Morgan kits are not currently available... Phil Smith had two RTRs but I was planning on building "Baby Doll" race cars and wanted the kit. I'm not willing to pay extra bucks for an RTR car only to tear it apart.

OBH...

Greenman62

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry for the bum tip, Greenman. I could still see them as available on their order page so I emailed Cesar. He just sent back this response.

"I'm sorry to communicate you that the CJ-18 Morgan isn't available anymore (we will change our website to avoid it appears at the order page). We would thank you very much if you could put it in slot forum to let everybody know."

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
QUOTE "I'm sorry to communicate you that the CJ-18 Morgan isn't available anymore (we will change our website to avoid it appears at the order page). We would thank you very much if you could put it in slot forum to let everybody know."

Yup, I just got pretty much the same response from Cesar at Slot Classic...

SOAP BOX TIME...

While I recognize and appreciate some manufacturers wanting to limit the
number of "specialty kits" It certainly points up a need to keep some models in
production for we who would like to have a diverse variety of race cars in our
paddock... It's particulary vexing because of the recent article in Model Car
Racing Magazine.

Some less than honorable types might find this an oportunity to make
knock-offs of an original casting.

All is not lost... I only need one more Moggie kit now... Sean at Pendles emailed me that they would be glad sell me their display kit...

Bravo Sean!

Greenman62

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
These manufactures then wonder why their kits get copied. I know they are limited number but many of the runs are just too small.is this to try and increase the return on their investment?
Phil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.