SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for kit of any of the above Ferrari's, any tips on which one and from which manufacturer?
Ive heard Racer kits or Protoslotkits are really nice to build.
Just a little bit of advice from anyone whos actually completed a kit of any of the above cars. Kit will be raced as well as got to look pretty

cheers
kev

·
Registered
168 Posts
The resin kits may be nice, but if you plan to put them at risk by racing them, you may be better off trying a plastic kit first.

EJ's has a nice kit of the 330P2 roadster. It uses the old Strombecker body (one of their nicest), a brass repop chassis, Plafit Fox, metal wheels, etc. There is a review of the kit on SCI in their archives, and you can buy the kit from several suppliers or through EJ's directly. I added silicone tires and BWA wheels to the rear, and it is PDQ on longer routed tracks.

If you can find them you might also try the MRRC Clubman kits, or at the most simple level, buy the standard white 275P w/plastic chassis, swap wheels, add weight (or magnets) and paint. That would give you a nice runner without the angst of placing an expensive resin car in harms way.

mp

·
Registered
8 Posts
hello friends,
Yes, if you want to build a car, it's easy to begin with a plastic car, it's my opinion.

EJ's 365p2 Ferrari is easy to realise, i finished mine some month ago, here is some picture.

Some paints, some varnish, cool decals, and a great brass chassis. A winner on the track.

MMRC kit are really cool too. I built their 3 kit. (please more kit Mr MRRC, i love them!!!!)

Enjoy

Christophe

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Yes! That EJs kit looks very good. I've not tried their stuff before, but that looks on the money. Perfect stable mate to the MRRC cars.
Thanks for showing that one, Christophe and Speedy.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi

Personally, I find the Fox way too much for this car and the skinny tires!

If racing on a home track, I would use a rabbit. I find that the Rabbit is driveable on home tracks with 6 foot straights and still a lot of fun on long long tracks. The limit here is the tires. The rabbit has become my standard 60s motor.

Fate

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok lads on the basis of the replies received so far ive joined the Wildlife trust and the RSPCA ie "stable mate" "foxes" and "rabbits"

But still have a passing interest in slot kit ferraris

Had a look at the MRRC one and it looks a good un !!
Just wondering if the Racer and Protoslot Feraris are as good in the flesh as they seem to be in the published pics ?? !!

Keep up the replies lads
kind regards
kev

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Hi Kev
not done any of the ferrari kits yet, have done an MRRC clubman kit though: Porsche 904.

It was not a taxing model to do, and quite nice . The interior features one of those half drivers - taking a bath in motor-oil while he drives.

The chassis is a metal construction, unlike modern rtr's. It drives very nicely and smoothly. I guess I ought to get another MRRC to race against it..

My painting let it down at the last hurdle, really ought to strip it and re-do it since I am better at painting now. Anyway, here are the pics:

cheers

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi Kev

Not sure if you are still looking for Ferrari's but saw this on e-bay 275
There is also a white one on offer.
Vince

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Following on the theme of Ferrari kit building
does anyone out there know where i can get my hands
on a Mrrc Ferrari 250 Ref: 9907 kit ??
Any help wil be gratefully receieved
cheers
kevin

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi

I am not sure about "REF" numbers. but I did buy a couple yellows from Rad Trax a week ago. To me, they are cheap enough to buy for the body alone. Paint is cheap!

Fate

1 - 10 of 10 Posts