SlotForum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for advice from slot car veterans.

I'm planning to go digital sometime in the not so distant future but currently, I only have the older version of the SCX analog tracks. I planned to use the converter track to connect analog to digital.

My question is, should I just get rid of (sell) all my old style analog track and then purchase a new analog kit that has the new universal style tracks included and then when I'm ready to go digital I can just add a control unit. Or, are the old style analog tracks perfectly fine to use as log as I use the converter track. What are the limitations of using the analog/digital converter track?

Hopefully I made sense. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Funny no one has replied to this, and maybe this is too late.

The old SCX analog tracks are not suitable for digital race, and the reason is the limited slot depth. Sure you can drive on them (and they have very good grip) but you have to very careful NOT to engage your LC button on the controller, and if you do you'll ruin your guide pins. Furthermore you can't place any LC tracks in your analog part. You can't use the Safety Car as it randomly shifts whether or not it is on digital track.
My advice is to sell your analog tracks and buy a universal set (more value for the money) instead of purchasing tracks separately.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts