SlotForum banner

Looking for replacement rubber Aurora F1 slimline tires

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  kchevyjim 
#1 ·
I currently have the rears as silicone tires and they hook up very well but that isn't how they were driven 50 years ago.

The profile is a little different but maybe they are the same as truck tires?? Any idea who sells newly made rubber tires for these three in the middle?

Interestingly, the #3 Indy car has different stock tires, the outside tread narrows. Anyone sell repops of those?
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

See less See more
#3 ·
I believe that the Slimline cars used the ribbed truck styled tires on 0.250" four dimple chromed wheels. JAG Hobbies still carries those tires. Slot Car Central sells four tires and four plain yellow wheels in the original blister packaging for $5.60. The tires would have to be about 50 years old and probably have turned hard. Possibly they can be treated with 3in1 oil to restore their grip. I have never seen reproduction rubber truck tires offered for sale. It is unlikely that anyone would make natural rubber reproductions of those tires. The regular T-Jet sized tires that I have seen look like the originals but are a silicone compound.

#6 ·
Looking at the truck
Photograph Automotive tire Font Rim Metal
Automotive tire Auto part Magenta Pattern Creative arts

The truck tires that slot car central sells are definitely truck tires or possibly snow tires. While the F1 tire looks like radials. There is an ebay seller that sells silicone almost exact copies but his ID is too big so the tires fly off not to mention I want rubber so they act like original.

#8 ·
Rubber tires are injection molded and nobody is likely to spend the money that it would take to make the mold. Even the more simple molds that are used to make poured tires are quite expensive.
I wonder how many Slimline cars Aurora sold, I have never seen one in person.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.