Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a nice loft with some space for a slottrack. I have some NINCO track tiles (I say some because it is not as much as some have here
) and eventually I would buy some extra to build a nice track on that surface.

I do not want too much on the table (not too busy, some space between everything if you understand me) , I would like a fast track for GT's and if possible without parallel straights.

So what do you guys have as ideas? Anything is welcome :)

Thanks,
Hannu.

·
Greg Gaub
14,645 Posts
Here's one I just did to get the car rolling...

What do you like about it? What don't you? Do you race magnets or magless or both? Do you want to go digital at any point in the future? Do you like a technical track (like that), or something with no R1s?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
QUOTE (HaCo @ 26 Sep 2011, 20:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>if possible without parallel straights
Until I got that far into the thread, I was going to post mine.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MrFlippant: what a fast reply!

I run nonmagnet. No digital.

Your first attemp looks good, but maybe a bit too technical like you say. I'll keep it for some rallyaction for later.

StuBeeDoo: post anyway

Need to count my tracktiles again

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
QUOTE (HaCo @ 26 Sep 2011, 21:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>StuBeeDoo: post anyway

OK, then. This is my current layout.

It's roughly 15.5mtrs per lane, according to UR3.0. ....And the lanes are equal length. It's great for my LMPs, GTs and Touring Cars. It fits on a table 4.9m x 1.3m. I sometimes run 2-lane Time Attacks on it by replacing the first 2 l/h R2s with a racing crossover. The LMPs lap in roughly 5.0sec (10sec Time Attack). I do run magnets in these, though. Non-mag rally cars lap in just over 6sec.

·
Registered
809 Posts
This is my current track on roughly the area you quote. It was going to be digital, hence the pit lane, but I went analogue after all. OK so this has parallel straights, but it does run well and creates the space for pits of some sort.

So I had a tinker and after taking out the pit lane came up with this.

Direction is clockwise, hope this helps

Dave

·
Living the Life&#33;
11,082 Posts
That last track is so almost a ringer for Magny Cours ................... nice one

·
Registered
809 Posts
Well I have to say that's news to me, I was just twiddling with TrackPower!

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dave, that last one looks good, but it also looks big! Are you sure it fits?

This is my tracklist:

·
Registered
809 Posts
According to TrackPower it's 445 x 156 cm but that's wihtout borders, so maybe a bit over budget but I don't think by much. Easily tweaked I reckon,

Dave

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
QUOTE (HaCo @ 26 Sep 2011, 20:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>if possible without parallel straights.
QUOTE (StuBeeDoo @ 26 Sep 2011, 21:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Until I got that far into the thread, I was going to post mine.
I've decided 4x parallel straights aren't for me either. This is my latest attempt.

I decided on the change because a couple of the R2 S-bends in the previous version were causing me problems.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Because I like messing about with TrackPower I've had a go at scaling this down and it now fits into 13' x 5' including borders(I prefer old money) and although there are obvious differences and compromises, I still think it's a good option for the area available with a nice tricky middle section and a couple of decent straights for a blast, you could even fit in some pits on the main straight. Bear in mind I'm not a fan of layered circuits or flyovers, if it's no good to you I'm cool with that as at least it gave me an excuse to have a tinker!

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hey Dave,

I really like the design you made. I'm no big fan of flyovers or layers either.

Right now I still have 4x2m space. But as the 2m is too deep I can hardly reach to the cars, that is why I want to change to 1.5m.

Thanks for your contribution!

HaCo.

·
Greg Gaub
14,645 Posts
If you turn it around 180 degrees so that the longest straight, the one that goes into a couple of R3 turns and then off at an angle, is at the BACK, you would be able to easily reach most crashes, as they are more likely to happen in the more technical section.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts